Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #1

Grey, grey Wednesday

It is grey and overcast today, getting ready for a change in the weather and rain tomorrow (however, there has been rain forecast for 'tomorrow or the day after' for the last week I think - I suppose it will come sometime)
Sad news - Mum had her lovely dog pts yesterday. Look on the bright side, the poor dog went from rescue, complete with saggy-just-weaned-a-litter tum, to 7 very very happy years with Mum and Dad, looked after Dad when he was unwell and has been a rock for Mum. Ironic (or kismet) that it was the anniversary of losing Dad - almost as if she said 'It's Ok now; she can cope, I can rest'.
Oh dear - can I lift the mood? I don't want to put a damper on things - the above is more a celebration of Misty's life than a mourning of her passing.
I had the details of out holiday flat ths morning - that's a bright thing! I think we'll be on the road to the ferry at this time in 6 weeks time.
Wishing everyone a nice day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #2

Re: Grey, grey Wednesday

Oh DM - sorry your Mum's had to make this decision . . . do you think she'll get another companion?

It was dry here when I opened the blinds at 0630, but shortly after started drizzling and this continues. I have a prospective client coming in at 0930 for a couple of hours so I need to get my fuzzy head into work mode. I still can't shake this tiredness/headache/body ache so conclude it's some viral thing

Oh, collected Sebi early yesterday as he had a whopping 102 degree temperature - which immediately subsided as he gulped the calpol and continued chasing Dominik around the house. Do you think children can summon fevers at will??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #3

Hi Yola -have you tried Berocca multivits? I always forced them on my children as teenagers when they were complaining of non-specific, maybe burning the candle both ends, lurgi.
No I don't think children can summon fever at will but I am sure their health and mood can change in an instant. They don't seem to have neaaah, middle-ground moments; thay are WELL!!!! and BOUNCING or they are
down
down
down.

I don't think Mum will get another dog. Problem is that she is 82, so a pup or youngster is a no-no. Best dog would be a very quiet, very undemanding oldie ... and then you come up against the problem that it may reach the end of its lifespan relatively soon. An older rescue cat would be the perfect pet - yet Mum says she doesn't like cats. Pretty daft, seeing as there was a cat in the house all the time I was growing up and she always likes to cuddle my or my sisters cats when she visits.
Ho hum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #4

Morning all DM sorry to hear about your Mom's dog, your Kismet working again, I wonder if the real reason your Mom does not want a cat is like my Mom...ie afraid of falling over the cat.....being smaller....than a dog, and move quicker.Yola, I have noticed kids like DM says go from 1000%fit and lively to 1000% down in hours...if not minutes. Best of luck.Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about your Mum's dog DM, I'm sure she had lovely, happy years with your parents after being rescued. What a shame their lives are so short compared with ours.

Drizzling here, it started rainiing before 6am but it's slowed down now. I think we got a couple more gallons in the rain barrel but there's still a long way to go. It's been a very dry few weeks here so we've had to use the stored water on the things we moved or newly planted.

Hope the weather perks up soon, I'm not fond of trudging around in the rain with the dog so we'll delay our walk for a while in the hope of brighter weather later!

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #6

Hello everyone! Very sorry to hear about your mum's dog, DM - what a sad coincidence. RIP Misty.

Very grey and quite cold here. Been mizzly raining earlier, but I've just been out to water the beans in the greenhouse and the rain has stopped. It's not particularly nice out there and I am glad that I have got quite a bit of transcription work on today. Also need to get some questions for the Catsey quiz tonight - hope I will get some inspiration during the day, but please feel free to send any questions you can think of to me via PMs!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #7

Sorry to hear about your Mum's faithful friend, DM, sounds like she was a special dog and helped your Mum through the last couple of years.

Well it rained through the night here and it's been drizzling on and off all morning, quite a chill in the air too.

Collected our kunas and euros today and looking forward to our tickets arriving very soon. Really looking forward to some warmer weather now, we appear to be having a similar weather pattern to last year here...

Enjoy your day!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
13-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #8

Sorry about your mum's dog DM

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
13-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Sorry to hear about your Mum's faithful friend, DM, sounds like she was a special dog and helped your Mum through the last couple of years.

Well it rained through the night here and it's been drizzling on and off all morning, quite a chill in the air too.

Collected our kunas and euros today and looking forward to our tickets arriving very soon. Really looking forward to some warmer weather now, we appear to be having a similar weather pattern to last year here...

Enjoy your day!
please dont say that Mags...i am hoping that the UK is going to have a better summer this year for our trip than when we were there last year... we got lots of rain.. and some cool weather

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
13-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #10

Goodness it must be grey everywhere! Ah well. I had to put my car in for a service and MOT, so I am wheel-less. Till this afternoon anyway! Everything I decided I wanted to do involved going somewhere - so I am frustrating myself!

Maybe tomorrow will be brighter!