Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #1

Thursday thread

Thought I'd better do a Thursday thread before it becomes Friday!
Lovely day here - temperatures a little more moderate than recently but cloudless skies etc. Back to the allotment this afternoon - I have squash plants which are living up to their name in the grow-house; they need planting out!
Hope everyone has a lovely day and all the kitties find a spot in the sun

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #2

Re: Thursday thread

Hi DM - yes a lovely day here to, but much cooler. A perfect day for gardening in fact. I have courgette plants nearly ready to go out - not today however as I have too much other work to do and then hospital this pm.

Kizzy has had a falling out with Joe - growling, snarling and fur flying. Poor wee girlie - I don't think she was the aggressor. She seems to have taken it to heart and is sleeping off her fright on the sofa in the lounge in a warm spot. She has also noticed the cooler temperatures and in fact slept with us all last night. There's nothing like a purrrring cat to wake you up gently!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
04-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #3

Hi there, the weather here is quite nice also hazey sunshine and moderatly warm, not upto much today as I have got a not totaly flat tire but quite deflated one so I am not risking going anywhere with it, a nice job for OH to change my tire when he gets back (he will luvvvv that) .

DM- I hope that you have a lovely time up at the allotment and get your squash planted .

Angie- Hope that you have a great day today and are not to busy and that Kizzy gets over her shock soon .

Have a great day Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #4

Afternoon all,

Ive been waiting for this day for like a year... I have the Sims 3 game in my hands lol, the official release is tomorrow for the UK but I pre ordered it (how sad is that!) and im installing it now, whooo hooo.

Its a warm day here, bit cloudy but think its gonna clear later on.

Big brother starts tonight as well, im not interested in it but i'll be watching lol.

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #5

Well, I've squashed in all my plants (Sorry - that is such a poor pun!) and the bonus was that the recent heat has done wonders for the strawberies so I was able to pick 2lbs. Yum. Grilled trout, asparagus, new potatoes followed by a slice of mild goat cheese with strawberries. Sounds good.
The weather forecast says rain every day from Saturday till next Friday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #6

Not a pretty day here: low lying clouds with yet more rain predicted; we had heavy rain last night but the worst of the t'storms missed us. Only 14 C, it was 25 yesterday at this time... ; have a long sleeved tee and sweater on. Decided to skip errands, just pottered around after a lie in and paid bills and did the bank deposit. Such an exciting life!

DM, that dinner sounds ambrosial, everything I like! Are the new potatoes from your allotment?
Janey, enjoy the new game! Poor Kizzy, wonder what upset Joe, Angie...give her a cuddle from me. Hope all goes well at hospital this afternoon. What a nuisance about the tire, Leesy!

Send me some sunshine and warm weather vibes, peeps! Have a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
DM, that dinner sounds ambrosial, everything I like! Are the new potatoes from your allotment?
No - too early for potatoes 'in the open'. Jersey Royals, so they're not from far away.
Jersey = a Channel Island, between British south coast and France, and much nearer France, though mostly Brit (in a strange semi-detached way). Taken over by the Germans during the war. Quite an odd constitutional position, really
Everything else is mine or local - the fish is from about 12 miles away (but collected from the Farmers Market 15 minutes walk away)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
04-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #8

Hya All,
well,a nice sunny day here - 20 degrees at one point. I got very bad hay fever though, head ache sore throat, bunged up,the works ! Very tired after a hectic week, so after BB 10tonight, off to bed. Well,thats the plan lol. Another busy day tomorow,but off to Spain for a week on Sunday so trying to do twice as much this week, hence the tiredness! Have a nice evening everyone.Jx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #9

Humid and sticky day today, pretty miserable at work. Had to put a young dog to sleep on the operating table today, unoperable, both the vet and I were in tears
Quiet night in and hoping that tomorrow will be better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #10

Oh Liz - that's the downside of the wonderful work you do Thankfully there are strong folk like yourself that help us and our pets.

Jan - have a fabbola holiday . . . I have to wait til August.

Busy/busy today. Nasty visit from HMRC which has put a dampener or our funding success. I am going get have some vino now and try and think positively.