Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #1

Misty Monday thread

Well, it was misty early on - a weak sun is trying to come through now.
Total disaster! My desktop has thrown a wobbly, displayed warning messages, put up the blue screen of death and is now lying on the bottom of the cage with its feet in the air! Aaargh! Absolutely nothing doing. Am waiting for a response from my son as to the next move. I'm hoping he'll say Leave it to me Mum, I'll extract the memory and (insert clever tecchie phrase) you'll be able find everything you need. If he says - tough, you've lost everything, well I shall be kicking myself, as I've been 'meaning' to copy over stuff ever since the notebook arrived. Ho hum.
Nothing very much planned. It looks Ok for a good dog walk and I shall take the opportunity of OH's absence at a meeting in London to go and purchase something for his birthday later this month. Maybe a watch?
Hope evryone has a good day and the technology doesn't bite back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #2

Re: Misty Monday thread

Just landed a nice project involving naming, branding, identity development and some design and writing! Hopefully this will fund my front wall and railings
Feeling a bit groggy for some reason. Can't shake this headache that I've had since late last week. Got some research to be getting on with for above project and also need to sweet talk a friend into helping us with some heavyweight web marketing for a 'mate rate' (it needs to be as his usual rate is a grand a day )!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
08-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #3

Oh no DM thats bad... My desktop gets the blue screen of death quite a lot. I just turn the pc off at the back but your not meant too (I dont use it anymore as I have my own laptop, thank god!)
Yeah sometimes the pc will come back on if your lucky but if it doesn't that means you have lost EVERYTHING on it and will need a new hard drive. So im hoping its comes on so you can copy what you want, I lost quite a bit of photos coz I didnt copy them! .

Its a very cloudy but sunny-ish day here today quite warm as well.

Ive been to work and me and my mum are gonna go and do a bit of shopping and have dinner out.

Other than that no news here.

Oh we are taking Jake to the vets tomorrow for a check up again and see if we can bring him in the house (hopfully he's tick free!)

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #4

Disaster DM! I'd be lost without all my "stuff" on the PC. Luckily, it automatically backsup to an external drive every night - so I wouldn't lose much. I'd do quite a lot to keep my friendly techie guy friendly and at the end of the phone.

Yola - sorry about your headache. Did we have a discussion a while ago and the suggestion was made about having your eyes tested? Did you get that done?

Good luck for Jake at the vet tomorrow Janey.

I've been to the dentist this morning for a check up - all OK, another 6 months. Wooopppee. Nice guy my dentist, but I am so relieved when all is well.

Going to take the opportunity to do a bit of gardening this afternoon hopefully if it doesn't rain.

Have a grand day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #5

The expert PC advice is 'leave it and I'll have a look weekend after next'. He assures me that even if the desktop is totally dead he can extract documents from the hard drive.
Fortunately - and amazingly - I remembered the allotment soc secretary's email address, so I was able to post him and get back copies of the work I had completed yesterday! Phew! I wouldn't have been very amused to have to repeat that.
Yola - the eye test idea is a good one. The Pill also causes headaches I think .. so does this thundery weather, so do a thousand other things. I'll cease long-distance cyber diagnosis now!
Angie - it's always good to come away from the dentist needing nothing done. Almost makes you happy to hand over whatever extortionate rate they charge for a check-up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #6

Thanks! Eyes are fine, were tested 6 months ago. The Pill isn't the reason coz I won't take it any more. I suspect I'm just a stress bunny and that's how it manifests itself

I am being strong though and have largely avoided painkilling tablets and have not even gone near the dissolvable ones

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
08-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Angie - it's always good to come away from the dentist needing nothing done. Almost makes you happy to hand over whatever extortionate rate they charge for a check-up
£15 for just for a check up and if anything needs doing thats extra on top!!! I was shocked that I had to pay that last time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #8

A glorious day here at last, blue skies, nice breeze and 28C before lunch! I've been waiting for this after all the deluges we've had recently. Up to the Giant for Leia's Fancy Feast chicken that the Safeway's STILL out of; stopped in the liquor store for my gin and plan some weeding in the garden this afternoon; so really no news.

DM, how horrible! I'd be lost without my computer. Yola, have you thought about going in for a general physical; it's a shame that you keep feeling so poorly. Janey, hope Jake can come inside soon. Angie, what has Kizzy caught today?

Enjoy the day!