Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #1

It's Thursday!

Feeling a bit brighter today, despite having spent most of the night clinging onto the edge of the bed because Sebi ended up laying sideways between us

Sun is shining and it's warm out. I think me and the boys will pop down to the allotment on the way home tonight just to check all's well before Sebi and I head down for a more intense session tomorrow during the day.

Am still trying to juggle operational stuff at the office versus client work and at the moment client work is suffering so I need to redress that . . . like now!

Catch you all later - and I'm delighted we have a more accessible forum overall now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #2

Re: It's Thursday!

Hi Yola! Morning all!!!

It's sort of cloudy here today, but we have had some blue sky. Not much happening here today - I have some work and then hospital this afternoon. After today, I will be half-way through the course. Where has that 3 weeks gone???

Have a good day everyone. Oh, and sausages for supper!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
11-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #3

Afternoon peeps,

Its cloudy with blue patches here and 13c, When I got in the car to come home from work just I couldn't touch the wheel coz it was so hot!

Not doing anythin today but going seeing my baby boys (cats) after

Gotta go, im making some of those Molten chocolate puddings again for my mum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #4

Wakey, wakey...eggs and bakey!
For some reason was wide awake at five am even though I have my alarm set to seven thirty.
Goin to the vet in a few hours; Baby Bear getting his kidney values rechecked, Annie vaccinated, Misfit is due for her yearly; wonder how much the bill's going to come to!
Can't believe K is due for heart surgery in less than a week now. On a bright note, my mother has decided to come and be with me for the first couple days of and after his surgery. It will be nice to have her support and visit with her. I last saw her on Christmas. She will arrive the night before on the 16th at 9pm via AmTrak.
Seems like we are just tying up loose ends around here in preparation for him being immobile and recovering.
Will just be doing the usual chores today. K works two more days and then is off work for several weeks.
Take care all, have a wonderful day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #5

Tink, good of your Mum to come down and offer support. I think family around you at a time like this is what you need. Glad you're preparing for his post-surgery needs . . . I'm sure the doctors have briefed you well. Hope all goes smoothly at the vets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #6

Oops - I was obviously so intrigued by the Chat/Chat/Chat and chat changes I quite forgot to chat about today!
It's quite a nice day - certainly better than yesterday. Lots of sun but a bit of a keen breeze too - good for drying the washing.
I've wandered down to the market and got a nice sea bass for tonight, with a bit of fennel to braise with it.
Tink - as ever, best wishes to you. It's good that your mom will be with you.
Yola - glad you're feeling better; weekend coming up - make sure you enjoy it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #7

Not cheerful weather: another heavy downpour last evening, and more storms forecast for today and Friday. We're stuck in what seems to be a never ending series of storms coming from the West. When I put the trash out last evening I noticed mushrooms sprouting up in the grassy verge...when will it end? Its cloudy and damp now, 21C. Slept in, no errands today; also no interesting dinner: Thursday is cook's night off...sandwich, crisps and a veggie.

Did you hear about the murder at our Holocaust Museum yesterday? What a tragedy..... so much evil and hate in the world.

Hope it's good day for all, and three cheers again for Az !!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
11-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #8

Hello all!
We had a cat c-section this afternoon, poor mummy had been in labour for 13 hours after having her last kitten The owners rang to ask why she was still breathing heavily when she'd finished labouring after two kittens, or so they thought. Two more babies in there and luckily we managed to revive them Spent about 1/2 hr trying to get them to latch on and feed-very fiddly job but well worth it to see the babies with full tums. Poor mum looked exhausted though. Had more of a chat with my boss about the feline renal clincs today to, really looking forward to starting them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Not cheerful weather: another heavy downpour last evening, and more storms forecast for today and Friday. We're stuck in what seems to be a never ending series of storms coming from the West. When I put the trash out last evening I noticed mushrooms sprouting up in the grassy verge...when will it end? Its cloudy and damp now, 21C. Slept in, no errands today; also no interesting dinner: Thursday is cook's night off...sandwich, crisps and a veggie.

Did you hear about the murder at our Holocaust Museum yesterday? What a tragedy..... so much evil and hate in the world.
Hope it's good day for all, and three cheers again for Az !!!!

Yes, saw it on the news while I was drinking my cup o joe. It's really too bad...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #10

The murdered guard was apparently a good man, well liked; he leaves behind a wife, young son and stepchildren. The assassin is still alive in hospital......