Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
12-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #1

Sunny Friday

Morning all,

Its gorgeous here today, but think it might rain later.

Going visiting my mums auntie in hospital today (breast cancer)
Im gonna b using my bfs sat nav to get there as well lol, first time in using one!

Other than that not got much planned.

Have a nice day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Friday

I love Fridays! I've been retired nearly a year now but Fridays still bring that "nearly the weekend now - yippee" feeling!

To be honest I've not got anything planned for today at all. At the moment some birds out in the back garden are giving one of the cats some noisy grief as they feel they're under too close scrutiny by said cat. There are quite a few pigeon feathers on the lawn but there's no body so I assume the victim managed to escape. Housework, shopping, dog-walking, that's the essence of today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #3

Morning! It's a decent enough day here but not exactly sparkling summer. I've taken Dinah out, been to the Farmers' Market, so am off to the allotment for an hour or two now.
Back later - have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #4

Afternoon all! Well, I hadn't exactly planned to move two chests in the hall, vacuum behind said chests, dust and polish but, when you've got a Kizzy and you've seen a wee creature dash behind one chest and then the other about half an hour later ..... can't help it really, don't like the thought of the poor thing dying etc. in the house. She caught it once and I let her out the front door with it and then she came in the back door, still with the poor thing alive and trying its best to escape. I think it was a young shrew. Anyway an hour or so later out in the garden it seems that Kizzy had lost her playmate. Ah well, that's two pieces of furniture that won't be moved again until the next time .............

Some transcription work now, so chance to relax and get my breath back!

Have a good day folks - yes, it's FRIDAY!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #5

I walked Sebi in his pushchair to his hospital appointment this morning which was 40 minutes of up and down hills (he has a cyst behind his knee which might need to be drained) . . . then into town and am just back home. Boy do my legs ache!!! We will have lunch now and then I'm off to the garden centre for more netting, to the carwash and then to the allotment to do battle with the weeds

It's overcast and humid here - it could go hot or it could rain; not sure which way it will go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #6

It did not rain last night! Storm passed to the South so I had an undisturbed sleep; but threat of yet another t'storm this afternoon: we have had over 13" rain since May. When will it end? But sunny now and up to 25, lifts the spirits to see the sun after so many days. Did the usual market run; soup salad and a roll toght; no interesting news.

Wow, Yola, quite a walk, especially with the hills! Are you feeling better? Angie, that Kizzy is an excellent huntress, and sounds like quite a job moving those chests! Janey, hope the sat nav works for you. MrsH I've been retired over 14 years now and STILL get the Friday feeling, even though weekends are really the same as weekdays now. Odd, isn't it? DM, hope all's flourishing at the allotment.
Mags will be back next week, yay!

May the sun shine on everyone today......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #7

Evening everyone!
Feeling a bit sorry for myself this evening-had half a tooth removed this afternoon and now the local has worn off, it hurts! Also had to put up with all my colleagues laughing at my attempts to speak with a numb mouth! Not very helpful when it's a busy Friday. finally finished at 7.30 so planning on a relaxing night in front of the tv as I'm working again tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #8

I hate toothache - it knocks out all our most precious senses. Do hope it's better in the morning Liz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #9

Awww, sorry Liz! (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #10

Liz, I can sympathise. I have a filling that's just fallen out and my face is throbbing a treat. Dentist beckons next week

Pur visit to the allotment this afternoon showed one of the swarms of bees from the hives there, swarming on a post rather than in their hives . . . I have a picture which I'll post in the next day or two which has masses of bees all huddling on a wooden post rather than in their hive . . . must contact the local bee keeping society to hopefully alert the owner . . . oh, and there was a dead baby bunny on my plot. The boys were fascinated but strangely detached 'oh, it's a dead rabbit' . . . it looked eerily like Sebi's favourite soft toy; squishy small rabbit, with missing innards

OH had to come down and consign it to the pile of debris in the corner of the allotment. I shared space with it but balked at actually moving it