Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #1

Tuesday's Thread

At home with Sebi as I had to collect him from school yesterday due to a 104 degree temperature. He's a bit floppy and clingy still but is starting to argue with me which is a sure sign he's getting better. Just weighing up wether to take him to the docs. I'm feeling a bit rubbish too - headache, sore throat, tired etc.

Not much else to report at the moment apart from the fact that it's cloudy and overcast here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday's Thread

Hope the fever is passing Yola and you will both feel better soon.
We're back home - and it's absolutely pouring! Ho hum. At least it's an excuse for not starting the huge pile of washing (where did all that come from - it feels like we'vehardly worn clothes for the last two weeks, yet ...)
Boys are happy to be home but fed up with the rain - hope it stops soon
Stay dry everyone

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
07-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #3

not good that you're not well Yola... if it's any consolation it sounds like the same bug thats going around over here... good that you are home safe and sound DM...hope you had a good time... i bet the boys are glad to have you home too and be back on their own turf!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #4

Hi all,
It is bouncing it down with rain and thundering here at the moment so it is just a tad wet.
Sorry to hear that you and Sebi are not well Yola, I do hope that what ever it is clears up soon.
I hope that you have had a lovely holiday DM.
Jo fingers crossed that you don`t get the bug what`s going around over there.

Have a great day Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #5

Lots of sometimes incredibly heavy rain today so the barrels should be filling up quite nicely. Other than that, there's nothing much happening except that it's the season for grass seeds and the dog collects loads and loads of them and the clinging green balls from cleavers all over his ears and leg feathers. It now takes ages after every walk picking them off, I have a horror of him getting a grass seed stuck anywhere especially in the ear canal. We try to avoid long grass on our walks yet he still manages to collect them!
Hope you and Sebi feel better soon Yola.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #6

A very changeable day here too. I went into Chichester to go to the optician and got into the car park and then felt quite scared by the blackest sky and something that looked like a funnel. The wind started to howl, and the rain chucked it down - I made a fairly quick beeline, hanging on to my umbrella, to the subway. Somehow felt safe there. It wasn't a whirlwind, but it could have been and I had no idea what was safe and what was not. Of course, not unheard of in this country, although fairly rare, thank goodness.

My eyesight has not changed enough to warrant new everyday specs, but the optician did recommend sunglasses (!) and separate reading specs. I have got REALLY funky reading specs! I'll post a picture when I get them and of course having proper prescription sunglasses will ensure that we won't get much more sunshine this summer - sorry!

I must go and see if I can find some Q's for tomorrow's quiz.

Hope poorly people soon feel better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #7

Picture perfect day here, 26C, blue skies, low humidity! To the market, no news; all is peaceful.

Hope the rain lets up and that the poorly people feel better. DM, glad you had a pleasant holiday; nice that you're back. Angie...scary about the funnel cloud. Have you thought of transition lenses? I love mine. MrsH, hope Morgan's ears stay free of grass awns!

Stay dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #8

Hiya all Home.................speak later great time

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hiya all Home.................speak later great time
Good to have you back Kazz, looking forward to your report and hopefully, some pics...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #10

Just to answer Eileen's question about transition lenses - I did ask, but because I shall be wearing them for driving they were not recommended because of the UV filter that is in car windscreens. I thought that would be a good option, although much more pricey!