Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #1

Friday's Daily

Mornin' all. A quick hello as I'm off to sit on a damp field and watch the boys' sports day. What's the betting Sebi will refuse to take part in anything???

Will take time to wish Tink's K all possible strength in his fight against the setback and also will be rooting for little Simon and hope he has gained positive ground overnight.

Catch everyone later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #2

Re: Friday's Daily

Aaargh Yola - I hope Sports Day is Wednesday or you will have a wasted journey! Why is it so difficult to keep track of days sometimes? I know it's Wednesday because it's the first day of The Ashes series. Yay!

Two loads of holiday washing done and hung out, though I'm not 100% sure about is remaining dry here all day. However, the third load is doing now and, unless it does rain, I'll continue with the 4th and 5th and get it done. Might even iron some as I watch the cricket.

It's our anniversary today, so although OH is away during the day he'll be back this evening and we'll g to town for supper - I'll report tomorrow if you wish. 37 years ... bit of a long time, isn't it?

Echoing Yola's wishes for recovery for K and Simon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #3

Hiya all;

Happy Anniversary Mr Mrs DM

I love sports days.......................feeling very refreshed now and ready for the World. Like DM I am doing hoilday washing...weather a bit dull though, need to get in the garden maybe tomorrow.
Catching up on CP calls but no one is picking up, I try to return calls about 4 times (different times of day) then have to stop...as the backlog gets to great, with incoming too.

Echoing all your good wishes for the swift recovery of K and Simon....best wishes.

Have a good day all. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #4

I used to HATE school sports days! My parents could never be there and I loathe enforced "games" - never good at any - and always came last. I don't blame Sebi for refusing - I was never any good at disobeying teachers' orders either!!! Character forming - fiddle-de-dee pah and expletive deleted. Ok rant over.

OH has gone off to golf, with his sun hat and an umbrella. He goes a long way to play 9 holes with an old friend who is just about physically capable of playing 3. He moans about going and then goes ........ men! Oh dear, I am home to Mrs Moan today.

I have washing on and have just taken MIL's washing in to her - she's asleep, which is just as well. I find that I am becoming a nasty uncharitable woman and am too quick to say an unkind thing.

Ah....... my comfort blanket has just arrived, a little damp, but full of chirrups and prrrrrrs. What would I do without Kizzy?

All good hopes and wishes for K and also vibes for Simon.

(I was in two minds about posting this for obvious reasons!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #5

Happy Anniversary DM!

Must do some housework today! The recent hot weather meant that it was hard to summon up the energy but now that it's so much cooler, I really ought to do more than a quick whizz with the vacuum cleaner! The windows, for example, are in definite need of some attention, especially the one the dog looks out of (think doggy slobber on glass! ) The cooker hood also needs attention ditto the oven, ditto the spare room which is in danger of becoming a dumping ground for all those things that you can't think what to do with!

Have a good Wednesday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
08-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #6

Afternoon all,

I went to Alton Towers yesterday and it never stopped pouring down!!! Also had thunder and lightening so most of the rides had to stop while it passed other wise it could of got struck... Was good though, I want to go again... only when its sunny coz I couldnt bend my legs coz my pants were stuck to me lol yeah it was wet!

Been to work today and im gonna go to the cinema later to watch 'Ice Age 3' I cant wait.

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #7

You are very brave to have the courage to go on any rides at Alton Towers Janey - maybe when I was younger ........ My trousers were stuck to my legs yesterday and I only went to my nearest "big" town! My, didn't it come down?

Oooh Ice Age 3? I loved the other two - so clever and so funny! Hope it is as good and that you enjoy it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #8

OMG

Less haste, more speed. I think it was having both boys here this morning (which only occasionally happens on a Friday) which threw me. Much apologies.

---------------

We got wet but it was fun. Sebi DID refuse to run any race or take part, but Domi did OK, nothing spectacular but he came amongst top 50% in all activities. OH turned up with a bag of wine which tempered the onset of boredom.

We're now rattling around at home as it's raining quite hard . . . Ice Age 3 is on the cards for the weekend (or Friday afternoon as the boys break up at midday) and I'm quite looking forward to it

DM - 37 years . . . wow, that's some going, many congratulations and may there be many more to come. I only realised it would have been my 20th wedding anniversary from 1st marriage on 4th of July . . . doesn't time fly

Angie, you are very patient in your care for your MIL, I'm not sure I could cope with an ill, elderly relative under my roof. Allow yourself the odd moan . . . if it helps maintain your sanity and equillibrium, we're here to listen.

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #9

Thanks Yola, just letting off a bit of steam this morning!

Need to remind folks - QUIZ TONIGHT - 8 o'clock!!! Please join in if you can ..................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #10

Happy Anniversary Mr, and Mrs. DM!

Sunny and still cooler than normal, 21C. Stayed in today, as I have a pulled back muscle, very achy, plus an unusual flareup of arthritis in my left wrist, So, other than running the carpet sweeper and putting out the recycling have done nothing all morning and plan to do the same after lunch!

"I used to HATE school sports days! My parents could never be there and I loathe enforced "games" - never good at any - and always came last."

Angie, the above remarks are my sentiments exactly....hated Sports Day!

K and Simon are in my thoughts today also.....

Stay dry, remember the quiz tonight.