Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #1

Wednesday daily

Here I am bright and early, proving that I am some kind of morning person, particularly in summer. (actually, this is a good point to say - the days are getting noticably shorter Oh dear)
Another very mixed day forecast, with heavy showers and high temperatures. I'm holding my breath waiting for the first signs of potato blight to appear, as they have for the last 2 years. Maybe I'm being unduly pessamistic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily

Morning all, was woken up by thunder, there is a real storm going on outside at the mo...Got 1 staffie thats not quite sure what to do with herself!!!!
Hopfully will go off by 11, got to pick Jayne up from work!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #3

What a rotten night's sleep, or rather lack of it! I simply couldn't get comfortable in bed and then the wind got up and the bedroom door was rattling so I got up, stuffed some paper into the door-frame and finally got back to sleep at about 4.30! I got up about an hour ago and feel shattered! It is, however, a beautiful day out there, fluffy clouds and sunshine with a stiffish breeze, should I do some laundry I wonder?

DM - hope your spuds stay healthy, Moli - fingers crossed that your weather improves!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
15-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #4

Morning all,
was very dull and dark when I got up but has since turned into a sunny day and the rain we had earlier is rapidly drying up. However by the looks of the clouds scudding across the sky we might have showers, and yes,its quite breezy here. Bit of a mixed bag really! I have had one job cancelled this morning which is why I find myself online during the day for a change! Have a nice day eveybody! Janx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #5

Morning all well just morning.....

Sal no chewing of foot...

Mom been to hospital for her swallowing/gullet problems appears she has put 10lb on since March but they want have strongly advised her to have the gullet widening operation she does not want it as there is a 60% chance her gullet will break under the surgery its too thin, or worse infectio setting in. She is going to wait and see as she is doing alright....which in itself is relative....so we wait till Oct.
Anyhow weather a bit off, still not got in the garden can't find the "umppphhh" not sure why.

Got to ring BT I asked them to "credit" my acount back with the "in credit" ammount excess to my DD £280.......told them it was to high to start with but hey what do I know I'm just the customer.... anyhow I asked them to credit my account before I went away should take 5 working days.....not there, I rang there system went down and they couldn't track anything the weekend so been this morning still no money so I am ringing them again I have kept the names of people I have spoken to so should be easy....*yeah right*.....back in a fortnight with an update .

Karen

Have a good day all.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #6

Hi all! The weather's very windy here and a little chillier than of late. I hope you potatoes are OK H, mine at present seem to be doing great - had them again last night We also had 2 of our first tomatoes - not as flavoursome as I had hoped.

It rained furiously last night, absolute downpour which is good as I don't have to go and water the allotment.

OH busy rattling cages of insurance companies, IT providers etc - he's in his element when he's ranting . . . I sometimes wonder whether he take a perverse pleasure in it!

Got to write some more copy for our website now . . . catch y'all later (if I can prise Dominik off the PC )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
15-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #7

Afternoon all.

It was dull and raining this morning but its turned out nice now.

Been to work and im now chillaxing till later on when I go to see Leo and Jake n the bf of course lol.

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #8

Hi, another lovely morning here; warming up nicely finally: 27C. June and so far July have been below normal so it feels good to finally get some warmer weather. Did the usual market run, The catbird has gotten two tomatoes, I got one this morning; so we're tied at two apiece. My new bird feeder is supposed to come today, hope it's as squirrel proof as advertised; have my doubts. And my electric kettle died last night! That's all the news here!

DM, here's a article about the late potato blight that's affecting the East Coast.... I didn't realize it was the infamous Irish potato blight that decimated Ireland's crops in the 1860s, and it is also attacking tomatoes. Thought it might interest you.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070902674.html

Kazz, sorry to hear about your Mum, hope she'll be OK. Yola, too bad the tomatoes weren't as nice as anticipated. Laughed at your description of OH ranting: I had a boss exactly like that who did it soooo well!

Hope the weather improves for all; QUIZ night tonight!