Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #1

Saturday Daily

Hi to all!

Another grey looking day here, no rain yet, fortunately, so my washing stands a fair chance of drying on the line.

Went to Sainsbury's earlier and was very aware of the numerous people coughing and sneezing in there - maybe it was all quite 'innocent' but I found myself rushing to get the shopping done and back home again! Bought a couple more packs of paracetemol....... just in case.

Quiet day here, nothing exciting happening........ may pull a few weeds out later and do some dead-heading.

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily

Grey here as well, though still dry at the mo. I've just become used to murky mornings and sometimes a bit of sun late afternoon. Not yesterday though - a nasty wet day. The weather has been generally awful since we got back from holiday.
I wonder if there will be a paracetamol shortage? OH came back with 2 more packs this morning! I told him we have enough now .... about 5 years supply under normal use
Hopefully he will get the Wii connected up today, so we can start playing! I'm sure grown ups never used yo 'play', except cards and chess? On the other hand, the cricket is pretty absorbing, so maybe I don't want him fiddling round the TV. He's at the gym now, anyway, so he'll maintain he doesn't need to Wii when he returns. What a daft name that is - wonder which genius thought of that?
Hope your day is a good one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
18-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #3

Afternoon fellow kitty lovers hehe.

Im in a chirpy mood today fr some reason!

Is grey and dull here... wait, I see some blue sky, that wont last long!!!

Erm, Im off out in a bit to buy my Wii

No news on Mackerel but Tiddles didnt come back in last night !!! My brother n gf havnt seen him this morning but they cant go looking coz they have gone to a wedding (they tried to cancel it but they couldnt) So my mum and dad are gonna go down and see if he's come back in. If he hasnt then I dont know where they can be, its sooo strange.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #4

Oh Jane - I hope it's nothing sinister . . . you get some nutters around. Or maybe a lonely granny who thought collecting cats was a good idea (even if they were someone elses ).

Today? Well it's been bright, warm and sunny up until recently when it's clouded over and started spotting with rain. Had my nails done - Dominik came with me which was nice. Then we all went to Carluccios where I had a lovely, chilled tomato soup. Well, it was lovely until something really sharp stuck in my throat. I mentioned it to the manager and got a 'yes dear' kind of reponse.

Next thing I know I'm choking and this huge (1 1/2 inch) peice of chunky, woody rosemary stalk eventually gets coughed up. I'll tell you I was really scared as I couldn't breath and this thing wasn't dislodging I was quite upset and showed it to the manager and she immediately apologised, gave us our WHOLE meal for free; about £70 worth (OH said to remember the trick at which point I kicked him hard LOL) and said the area manager would be in touch.

Now I usually chew my food but as it was soup I didn't . . . that'll teach me!!

At home now painting my toe nails pink to match my fingers and OH and boys have headed off to the allotment to see what's going on down there.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #5

OMG how scary, Yola, glad you're OK!

Sunny here, unseasonably cool, only 21C. The rain missed the City yesterday, still bone dry here; could use some of yours. The farmers market was good today, quite busy (good!); they had shelling beans!! Mine aren't pickable yet. Peaches looked nice but weren't exactly ripe so passed ....no news really.

Janey, hope there's some news about the missing boys, fingers crossed.... DM, may you not need to use any of that paracetamol! Mags, funny how we suddenly notice coughs and sneezes when there's an illness around

Enjoy the day ......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
18-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #6

A much better day today-we know what faces us and England are doing well in the test match.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan
A much better day today-we know what faces us and England are doing well in the test match.
Fingers crossed that all will go well for Jen and you, Steph!

How is your garden doing this year?