Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #1

Tuesday's Thread

Morning! It's started off raining here . . . when I left home at 0645 to go to my abs class but it's dry now, if overcast. Feeling better for the exercise though

OH not very well today; he went back to bed this morning after I got back from the gym. He's up and about at home as I'm emailing with him but he's sounding a bit groggy - even via email LOL!

Good news - Sebastian can't be got out of his Wall.e pants . . . which is a fantastic thing as it means he's finally working towards being toilet (no potty for him, straight onto the loo) trained. That will make my life much easier and will mean I'm not spending £8 every week on nappies!!

That's about it for now - must get on and do some work!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday's Thread

Morning Yola, morning all!

Dark, dreary, wet and yuk here! I hope it changes soon as we are off to Devon for a week in a fortnight's time. Last year was a washout there, surely it won't be the same this year

Dropped Cassie into the vet hospital at 8.30am for her dental, she wasn't very happy ......... it's strange how they sense something is up on the actual day even though you try to act as normal as possible. I have to phone the vet at 3.00pm to get news and if she is ready for collection. Depending on treatment she has, I was given an estimate for £240 - £250 .......... I don't have pet insurance but we put money by weekly for occasions such as this so she is well covered

I've had a persistant headache since last night so I'm hoping I'm not going down with anything

Have an enjoyable day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #3

Best wishes to Mr Yola and to Cassie! Hope both are feeling fine by this afternoon. Yes Mags - they do know when there's something up. Mine will sense tomorrow that they are off to kennels, as we go North for a long weekend.
Weather - I don't think we'll go there! However, I am having a quick hair trim this pm, so it might be my fault; it nearly always rains when I go to the hairdresser! Mags - I do hope it's better for your holiday - this continued wet seems very familiar but at least the garden is not a total washout, which the last two summers have seemed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #4

Oh Mags . . . I hope your week in Devon is way better than mine last year; that was grim. Fingers crossed for summer returning asap

OH has dragged his creaky carcass into the office - I've warned him not to even think about complaining about feeling unwell if he had the option to stay in bed!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #5

Hiya all

Day off today I know....fortnights holday then one day work one day off.....Good life.

Seriously weather a wash out here.

Yola hope your hubby is okay...the Wall.e. pants sound good.
Mags she will be fine, what made you decide against the insurance, if you don't mind me asking?
Hope Devon is good for you are you in a hotel? my sister and family are off to Carbis Bay Cornwall in August so hope the weather is good Jack loves the beach and does not understand why he can't go on the beach plus the girls get bored stupid.

DM - hair trim I should maybe do that...not sure I will thought given the weather, me at the hairdressers too could cause a tidal wave as it rains everytime I go to. Maybe to much for fate to handle.

Have a good day all BT appear to have tracked down my credit refund, going to back to check it out.

Take care Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hiya all

Day off today I know....fortnights holday then one day work one day off.....Good life.

Seriously weather a wash out here.

Mags she will be fine, what made you decide against the insurance, if you don't mind me asking?

Hope Devon is good for you are you in a hotel? my sister and family are off to Carbis Bay Cornwall in August so hope the weather is good Jack loves the beach and does not understand why he can't go on the beach plus the girls get bored stupid.

Take care Karen
No particular reason Kazz, I've got nothing against pet insurance at all...... it's just the way we decided to save for any eventualities...

We will be staying in a 2 bedroom apartment and will have Katie and Jamie staying for a couple of nights. My daughter and her husband are staying at a different site not far away so the kiddies are excited that they will be able to come for sleepovers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #7

Afternoon all...........£250!!! for a dental. I was £135 for Leo's last and that was having 2 teeth out, seems a bit steep to me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #8

Hi peeps! Unsettled cool weather pattern persists; mostly cloudy with a threat of rain, 24C. Wish we had some of yours; still watering daily for lack of it ...even the grass is drying up, I have a problem picking some every day for Madame! No news, just the usual run to the Giant.

Mags, hope Cassie's home by now and has forgiven you. Fingers crossed Devon won't be another washout this time, and hope the headache goes away. Yola, excellent news about Sebi, and hope grumpy OH feels better soon. Kazz, good news bout BT and the credit!

Off to lunch in a few...enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #9

Oh Eileen, you can have some of my dew-fresh rain. It's been virtually unremitting here, apart from a period of about 30 minutes after lunch, the last 20 minutes of which I used to get half way round our normal 40 minute walk! So 20 mins dry, 20 minutes soak - not nice.
I've just looked at the 10 day forecast - and wished I hadn't!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
21-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #10

Hey,

Its been mixed weather here from rain, sun, strong winds, dull, bright. You name it we've had it lol, I even had my brolly up while it was sunny and raining lol it felt really weird!

I've been to work and then went to watch Harry Potter - Half blood prince, I thought it was good but not as good as the book.

My bfs coming round tonight to play on the wii hehe.

Have a good day all.