Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
24-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #1

Fridays thread

Morning all.

My day off.

Its sunny here with clouds. Looks like we'll be having another summer in the next few weeks. whoo hoo.

Not got anything planned for today apart from having my picture taken for my new passport!

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #2

Re: Fridays thread

Morning! We've had rain and sunshine in equal amounts here so far. Just been fleeced for 2 new tyres at Audi and am now back home with the window cleaner doing his thing outside.

OH's adult son is coming over later with his little boy so it'll give my two scamps someone to play with instead of fighting with one another!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #3

Morning!

It seems to be a mixture of sunshine and showers today after a brief thunderstorm this morning.

Took Cassie to the vet earlier for her follow up examination after her dental, everything was fine although they did appear to take a fair time monitoring her heart. I saw her teeth for the first time since her scale and was amazed at the excellent job they had done on them ......talk about pearly whites!!!! I'm so pleased she had it done now.

It's Friday so have a good weekend everyone!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
24-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #4

Afternoon all.

We are still not 100% sure about Jenny`s treatment-we have to go to Addenbrooke`s next week.

But it looks very much like surgery,radiotherapy and probably chemo as well. So chances are a very long operation(10hours?)-it`s the reconstruction of the tounge that takes the time,and a 2-3 week stay in hospital.

Then several weeks of radiotherapy 5 times a week,speech therapy and stuff and a feeding tube inserted .

All in all around 6 months before Jenny will be fully fit again.

Not quite what we had hoped but one crumb of decent news-Jenny is so scared she will lose her voice but so far the worst case scenario is that after therapy it will be no worse than it is just now ie a bit slurred but understandable

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #5

Oh Steph, that's quite a program there, but worth it to have Jenny cured; so very glad to hear that the speech won't be lost, that would be a horrible prospect. You know we'll all be pulling for her and sending good vibes. xxx

We finally broke the drought with two t'storms in the afternoon and a really big one after dinner: got about an inch and a half of rain. You could almost hear the parched grass and plants sighing with relief. Sunny and nice now, 24C; did the market run and weeding on the afternoon agenda ...easier to pull after the ground is moist.

Mags, doesn't Cassie have a slight murmur that they weren't terribly concerned about?

Weekend's almost here!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom

Mags, doesn't Cassie have a slight murmur that they weren't terribly concerned about?

Weekend's almost here!
Yes she does Eileen, maybe that's why they were giving it another thorough check. There doesn't appear to be anything to be concerned about yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #7

Just because she has a murmur does nt mean its a problem some people and cats normal is what others class as normal so it may be abnormal but normal for her....does that make sense?