Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #1

Mixed-up Friday!

Started off grey and cold (when I went out) but now the sun is shining and it looks as if it's warmed up a bit, I have to stay in and get on with some work. Always seems to work like that!!!!

I am still waiting for my copy of Dr Fox's book on Cat Behaviour to arrive - and I need to refer to it! I expect that what I am seeing with Pip and Kizzy is normal. Pip is trying to exert his dominance. If Kizzy is asleep on the sofa, he will pester her until she gets off. If she is asleep on our bed or on the chair in the study he does the same. He will only leave her alone when she is asleep in his crate. That's really the bit I find odd. Any interpretations of this would be gratefully received. I feel very sorry for her, but she seems to be accepting it and I suppose that if she learns how to submit she is less likely to be bullied by Joe and Skittles (the bully-boys). I just don't like to see it - but I've always been a bit of a feminist and I guess cats don't see it in quite the same way

It's Friday - whoooopppppeeee at least for all you workers! When one is retired or working from home, week days and weekends seem about the same really.

Have a great weekend though, whatever you are doing, but don't forget to tell us about it!!!! PLEASE!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #2

Re: Mixed-up Friday!

Hello Sorry been about this morning never thought to do a daily. Glad someone has their min focused there Angie.

With regard to Pip, I expect he's feeling his feet thats all Angie although maybe you are watching them to closely as long as they get on leave them alone - don't be overly anxious to explain whats going on - let it be.....alhtough I am a bit of a fusspot myself I don't recall ever trying to work out what my two were up to I just let them get on with it - until they were older and then I spent hours worrying over behaviour that obviously did not bother them in the slightest...I doubt they spent any time analzying me apart from if I had chicken or somehting similar about my person.

Not a bad day here bright and okay overall took Sal out and now home Mom and Dad going to see Evita at B'ham Hippodrome this evening thats all to report people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #3

Another utterly miserable day weatherwise, cold drizzle and the wind chill is 2 degrees! Couldn't put off the market run so a nasty trip with, naturally, long waits for the buses. Bah! But am home and warm now, and will stay inside the rest of the day. Leia asked for the porch, got a blast of cold damp air in her face when the door opened and promptly retreated to her radiator cover, smart girl! Hot soup weather, definitely.

I'm a bit of a feminist myself, but am not too surprised at Pip's actions .....limited experience, granted, but I suspect male kittens do try to be dominant. At least Dandy did. But Misty, and especially Patches, put him in his place when he got to be a bit much. I think they'll work out a compromise, Angie.

Kazz, how's your Dad doing?

Hope it's a nice day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #4

Dad's doing well thanks Eileen. No more tests or anything yet till the 28th Oct then we go off in full swing..28th 30th 2nd then about 4 into November... What I say is Thank God for the NHS they have really swung into action here.

I think in the battle of the cat sexes that Kizzy will win Oscar was a bigger cat but Cleo put him firmly in his place....right under her paw,.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #5

My money is on Kizzy, too. They will put up with a bumptious kitten for a while for the sake of peace and quiet, but sometimes enough is enough!

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #6

Pip has allowed Kizzy to stay on the chair in the study with me atm. She really is a such a gentle girl. I have seen her give Pip a good swipe with her paw - claws in. When they play fight, she certainly gives as good as she gets but she must be quite controlled as she is 4 times Pip's size and could easily squash him. On one occasion, OH saw Pip harassing Kizzy and he held him down - he got the licking of his life and completely lost any street cred he may have thought he had! We don't normally feel we need to intervene - but I just want Pip to be a "gentlecat"! Silly of me, I know.

I just find their behaviour so interesting and want to know more. I loved Kazz's comment about her cats not analysing her unless she had some chicken about her!!! So funny.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #7

I'm afraid we dont always get what we want when it comes to animals Angie Just look at my Diva the Evil
I suspect that Kizzy will give him a good telling off when it's warranted though. I really wouldnt worry too much unless Kizzy seemed stressed tbh.

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #8

They are just wild hunters that deign to come and live in our warm houses. They lull us into thinking that we "understand" them - they're just much cleverer than that! I keep forgetting - must be my age!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #9

You would not like to see my Oliver & Casper playing Angie, would would think they are killing each other!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
17-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #10

Poppet and Dylan sitting in a tree late yesterday Dylan caught a bird and promptly gave it to Poppet