Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #1

Friday's Fish day! :)

Hello and sorry for 'downtime', life got a bit hectic. Second day of my 2 days off this week and I'm busy sorting out my parent's new bathroom shower and redecoration. It's all in the planning stage at the moment which is fun, spending other peoples 'fantasy 'money ... We're checking out showrooms for ideas and measurements.

Weather check today, dry and light skies for now.Haven't ventured outside yet so no temperature check guess it's a fleece sort of day tho

KEEP WELL everyone and enjoy the w/e coming up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #2

Re: Friday's Fish day! :)

Bright and sunny but very cold today. We've dropped Domi and school and OH at work and come back to sweep leaves.

Dominik's tooth fairy came last night . . . he asked me how she knew where to leave his £2 coin. I told him that a magic flag is placed on top of the house where a child has lost his or her tooth. The fairy sees the flag and drops through a chimney, open window or letter box and swaps the tooth for the coin. He was fascinated and talked lots about it

About to head into town as I fancy treating myself to some of the nice winter clothes that are in the shops at the mo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #3

A late lunchtime "Hello" from me! Been a bit of a busy day so far. We had an appointment for MIL with the psychiatrist - she's been on an higher strength of her medication for just on a week now, and, to be honest, I've not noticed much difference. She's started getting up earlier in the morning - so goodness knows how early we will all be getting up once the clocks go back! Then OH took me to a jumper sale in Petersfield. Unlike Yola, I don't go out to buy clothes, well I haven't for ages. Get anything I need online. I have been looking at British wool jumpers and was uncertain about sizing, so thought a sale where I could try stuff would be ideal - and it was! Came home with 2 new jumpers. I love real wool and this is all machine washable - perfect. I am so cold blooded!

Pip and Kizzy were left alone with MIL for just over an hour and nothing bad happened ............ we did take arisk, but it was OK. I am thoroughly exhausted now, and I don't do afternoon naps although I expect to hear snoring from the lounge in due course (OH and Pip!)

Absolutely LOADS OF PHEASANTS around in the countryside today, enjoying the sunshine. Had a big beautiful Mr C Pheasant in our garden this morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #4

Hi, people. Gloomy and cooler, 13 degrees and rain on the way by afternoon....and ALL DAY Saturday which is most annoying as I have to go to the library: both my holds are in. Dan Brown and Margaret Atwood, finally, and they're only held for 5 days before reshelving. So, gotta go out in the rain.. To the bank and market, no news except that my arthritis cream, new keyboard cover came, and also my cell phone. I really missed that.

PP, have fun decorating; Angie, glad you got the new jumpers, I'm cold-blooded too! They sound snuggly warm. Yola, what a delightful story about the tooth fairy; is that original with you? I love it.

Have a nice day ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #5

Angie, I didn't get out to buy clothes. Thought better of it . . . 3 yr old not conducive to relaxed shopping Your jumpers sound lovely. I will need to go to New Look tomorrow as that's the contract win we have been awarded and I'm taking the staff out to dinner to celebrate on Monday night. I have (stupidly) stipulated that New Look clothes should be worn; OK for the 20-somethings but not really for a mid-40s bird like me
Eileen - I just said what came into my head to be honest . . . I wanted Domi to retain the magic of the moment as he had been fretting about loosing the tooth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #6

Tooth fairies are obviously item of the day the little lad opposite me was sitting on his front wall just as it was getting dark and I passed I said "whats up" he said "I'm sitting here waiting to see the tooth fairy" then he shispered "she's magic you know" I told him he wouldn't see her because like Father Christmas you only knew she'd been when you woke up....