Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #1

The ratty girls.

Una.

Ash,

Karly,

Karly came in March as a companion, with Fliss for Mia. After Fliss and Mia passed away, Karly was very depressed. We asked around the local rescues, but none had any rats. My sister called to say 2 were in P&H adoption and they were 18 months old- PREFECT. We took Una and Ash home and they have settled in very well, they have a bad case of mites, but have had the first treatment and are due the second ina couple of weeks time. They are both friendly girls and seem very happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #2

Re: The ratty girls.

They are gorgeous, something I have always loved...never had though...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
They are gorgeous, something I have always loved...never had though...
To be honest Moli, they are pets I'd never really thought about until we saw Mia. She was put up for adoption at P&H, but we knew she wasn't well- infested with mites- but she hit a cord with us. Mike collected her at lunchtime and she spent the afternoon in a meeting at his work. We then got Karly and Fliss as companions- they came all the way from Surrey as we couldn't find any local rescues ( we refuse to buy from a pet shop, when so many animals end up in rescues). After that we were smitten, when Karly was left on her own, we kept our eyes open and a few weeks later Una and Ash ended up in the P&H adoption centre- Karly is much happier with company. It is so sad they have such a short lifespan as they are truely wonderful characters- we are both fans now.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #4

I'm not too sure about rats ........ I don't think I could handle one

They are cute looking at their pics though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #5

I'm afraid I'm dubious about rats also..... although I understand they do make intelligent affectionate pets.