Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #1

Catsey is so quiet

Where is everyone these days, Catsey has been really quiet over the past few days?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #2

Re: Catsey is so quiet

I blame Az! It's the new Over Fifty Forum - lots of Catseyers are spending more time over there now, probably because Catsey was quiet in the first place .................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
28-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #3

I have no idea where everyone else is, I know I'm here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #4

I'm one of the missing ones! We've been having the most horrendous broadband problems here for a couple of weeks but I think it's all sorted now. I promise to be better in future, however I don't ever think that I have much to contribute as I don't show, breed or rescue; I don't have any medical, nutritional, or behavioural background. I'm just somebody who has 2 cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
28-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I'm one of the missing ones! We've been having the most horrendous broadband problems here for a couple of weeks but I think it's all sorted now. I promise to be better in future, however I don't ever think that I have much to contribute as I don't show, breed or rescue; I don't have any medical, nutritional, or behavioural background. I'm just somebody who has 2 cats.
You can still post pictures MrsH We like pictures

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #6

I dont get on here much.. too busy with work/kids/gym/pets etc etc, but am off this week from work which is why I am posting a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #7

Catsey was probably just the right size for me in terms of being able to occassionally contribute and keep up with most of what was going on. I'm no great expert on cat health nor do I do nearly as much as I'd like in terms of helping my CP but I do like to read about how people have overcome health or behavioural issues and I love seeing cat pictures even though I haven't had much time to respond to many posts.

Over 50s is way too big for me to keep up to date with and as a result I only visit very infrequently and rarely get past the 1st or 2nd page of new posts.

What I feel is a real shame is that Catsey had to be canibalised rendering it incredibly slow in terms of topics and contribution. I appreciate why Az is keen to have an active and content rich forum I just find it sad that it's at the expense of Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #8

I wonder whether Dogsey is also quiet?

In response to MrsH's comments, I believe that owning or having an interest in cats is really all you need to be a member here.

(Sorry, did I type "owning"? I meant of course "owned by"!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #9

I agree with most of the above: I like OFF but my first love is Catsey and I too am sorry that it has become too quiet. You don't have to post about health or behavior problems, even little anecdotes about the things your cat(s) have done lately are fun, and there is no such thing as too many pics. And chat about interesting things you've done. seen, read lately. Let's liven it up, people!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #10

I feel it has become very quiet of recent. However, always the first forum I visit as, like Yola, I never get past the first few pages in OFF.

Mrs H - as angieh said - if you're owned by a cat that's enough!!!