Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #1

Friday the 13th Daily!

So far so good! Weather is slightly better, up to 10 (50) degrees and the rain has finally passed out of the City, but winds are still very blustery, This is the remnants of Hurricane Ida, which has drenched most of the Mid Atlantic states and is causing very bad beach erosion with high waves and fierce winds. Did my usual market run, going to make my sort of minestrone soup for dinner ....good on a cold raw night. No news really; hope all are well, warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #2

Re: Friday the 13th Daily!

It's been a bit wild here today and the forecast is that is will be getting worse tonight. We've had several heavy showers and the wind is certainly getting stronger. Curtains are all drawn against the dark now and the stove has been on for quite a while. Not that cold though - 11 atm.

I keep thinking about Broxi and I am so sad for Alex and her family. I keep going and stroking Kizzy and Pip, rather like touching wood.

Forgive me asking if you've already posted the recipe Eileen - I haven't looked in the recipe section yet - but have you posted your version of minestrone? I was pleased with my recipe and would be interested to know what the differences might be.

OH has started getting interested in flavouring olive oil - wrong time of the year for fresh herb ones, but he's done a bottle with some chillies. We bought a fairly cheap Greek olive oil from Asda and I must say that it tastes absolutely wonderful. The oil on it's own is extremely nice and tastes of "green"!!!

Keep safe everyone and dry if you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #3

Re: Friday the 13th Daily!

That soup is more of a thrown together thing, not a proper recipe, but will go post it in the sticky. I love flavored oils and vinegars: make my own with fresh basil, oregano and chillies; it's so simple and delicious. especially if you're a big salad eater as I am. And they charge ridiculous prices for flavored oils!

I'm worried sick about Broxi too, praying so hard Alex will find him. That was another reason I liked walking my cats: if they had ever gotten out, at least they would have a map of the neighborhood in their heads and know where home was.