Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
17-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #1

Another one

A villager has just me a realy fluffy jet black male kitten in a carrier bag. I would say he is around 9wks. I have given him some milk and kitten food he lapped it up. He does seem to have a odd toe and is very cold. My son has named him smokey. Put notice up in the shop but as he seems very tame. There isnt any notices up apart from one that has been missing since 10th of november and i no it isnt that one. Going to vets either later today or in the tomorrow afternoon to see if he needs any help in anway his eyes seem ok and his nose is clear as well. Will post some photo's later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Another one

Poor wee mite, but on the other hand the person who left him with you knows that you will make sure the kitten is taken care of. Hope the vet doesn't find anything wrong - I don't like the sound of him being cold though.

(sorry, that sounded odd! I meant the kitten, not the vet!!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #3

another one? Poor baby. well done for helping, but I think you need to be careful, I know your heart is in the right place - but people are obviosly coming to you now with stray cats because they know you will help. (I know they do it to me too) but I have the support of CP to financially help me with food & vet bills. All I'm saying is don't feel you always have to say yes & take in these cats & don't feel you have to keep him. you have your hands full with the kittens.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #4

I spoke to another local rescue a few weeks back and will phone them if there is any problems or if there is any more. He also looks like he has a missing claw.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #5

You are a cat magnet! Poor wee thing, hope he has a good report from the vet health-wise. Bless you for helping him, don't take on more than you can handle though, Kado..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #6

Yes, that is wise advice from Smudgley and Dandysmom.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #7

I wont. This one is the last one i promise. It was my OH that fell in love with him. Hopefully going to vets tomorrow got too speak to neighbour for lift first. He looks like he has deffiently done something to his front paw either its disolacated it or it its broken. He has no scratches or any marks on him. We think he was the runt of the litter and was pushed out. I have a very understanding vet so i know he will help him out. He loves his food and all the cats have seen him and are not bothered which is great. I will post a pic later on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #8

Does that mean you are keeping him Kado?

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #9

Yep if no owner comes for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #10

I'd be willing to bet that if OH likes him that well, he's staying! Great that the others are so accepting of him.