Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #1

Monday's daily

Well, hello and hi from yonder stranger!

If you are wondering whe I've been and what I've been up to well,its not very dramatic, just a tale of puter probs and room shifts as we redecorated the living room and lived like refugeees in the small diningroom out back.

To start with, the laptop kept overheating, got that sorted.Then had the big shift, the redec job meant new ceiling,plastered walls,paintwork and finally (today) carpet clean. I'll post pics later. Needless to say, furkids were and are still bemused by all the to-ing and fro-ing. Changes of sleep arrangments and litter tray siting caused protest but no mess,thank goodness.

Unfortunately, we were deemed to have this job done during the worst weather this year! so trips to the kitchen out of the patio doors were not funny as the teacups were spilling over by the time we reached comfort again.

Now the worst is over, I'm home for a few days to sort out the furniture etc. wish me luck.

Hope everyone has been keeping well in my absence and there's been no nasty upstets,human or fur kind.

Righto,going to do some catching up now .... S.Y.L, X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #2

Re: Monday's daily

Goodness, you have been busy! and so unlucky with the weather recently. Put your feet up for a bit before you really get stuck into moving things around.

Been to the hospital today for my regular blood-test, horrible drive there in the pouring rain but a bit better on the way back. Big queues for testing though, there were 28 people ahead of me when I sat down, I thought I was in for a long wait but I was out again just before the hour was up. However that meant that by the time I got back to the car I had strayed into the 2 hour zone so the parking fee was £2.

I got very annoyed with the bloke in front of me on the way out, he'd forgotten to put his ticket into the payment machine (trying to sneak out without paying huh?) so when he put his ticket into the machine by the exit, the barrier wouldn't lift for him. A big queue built up behind him while he was trying to negociate his car out of the way, and there's only 1 exit to the car park! Grrrr!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #3

Hi PP, Mrs H - wondered what you'd been up to PP - hopefully the worst is over and it'l be plain sailing from now on. I love the bit after redecorating when everything is new and so tidy. Then you start to live in it again - LOL

Mrs H I so despair of these people in hospital (or any) car park who just don't think the rules apply to them - and hols us all up while they go round the wrong way to get to the 'only' space first or have to go back. Hold us all up and no apologies.

Cold much better today thank goodness. I don't get them very often, but this was a stinker.

Been out putting a roof and gutter on the hen run to try and keep them dry in this dreadful weather. Now going to put some clear platic on the sides and they can be out but dry - until they go out the door of course!!

Weather here is very wet and more forecast with strong winds for tonight. Bah!!!!

Hope you are all having good day.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #4

Hi, all. I'm a bit grouchy this morning: weather is nasty, drizzle only 8 (46 F) degrees, will be like this for the next few days. Then, Leia had a runny movement! She seems fine and ate breakfast normally, but that worries me a bit. And then the comics and crossword were missing from my paper this morning; when I called, found they've dropped them! Bah! At least I can get the comics on line, but will really miss my daily puzzle. Oh well, could be worse, I suppose.

PP, glad you're back, missed you; you've been busy! CM, happy that the cold has abated a bit. Still worrying about John's Tommy. Don't you get annoyed at oafs like that one at the hospital, MrsH?

Stay warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #5

I STILL have no voice, the weather's horrible, there are major problems at work AND we've had a power cut so haven't been able to sort said problems out as PCs/Internet/Blackberrys/Phones have all been redundant.

Back up and running now but we're up against time and I'm not hopeful . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #6

Very cranky today. 24 hours since last cigarette. Feel very brain dead. And I want a cigarette.