Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #1

Another Frosty Friday

Bit of a surprise this morning when OH drew back the curtains - a heavy frost, heavier than Tuesday morning. Mr or Mrs Robin came calling at the back door while I was having breakfast, so I went out and put some bird food out. Need to fill the rest of the feeders - MrsH was right - all that wet weather and I've got something sprouting in one of the seed feeders!

Not much to report otherwise here. Both Kizzy and Pip are due to have their flea spot-on today and Pip needs his nostrils cleaning ........... MIL's laundry day and I have some transcription work to do. We were going to go into Emsworth to the bank, but that's going to wait until Monday now.

Have a good day everyone. Take care on the roads and keep warm. I hope that poorly people and pets are OK today. Thinking about Alex and her family.

Will pop back on around lunchtime.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #2

Re: Another Frosty Friday

Yes, I wasn't expecting a frost overnight either! It's rather nice instead of the rain though.

Have been for a quick Waitrose run and now have some windows open in the house airing the rooms and the cats whilst I'm sweeping leaves. Sebi is much, much better today - he slept for 14 hours solid last night which I think has helped no end. Hopefully it was therefore just a nasty cold with temp. rather than swine flu.

Bean soup for lunch and homemade curry for dinner with gluten-free naan bread.

That reminds me, must jump online later and get some gluten-free puff pastry for Christmas so OH can enjoy my Mum's lovely cabbage and mushroom nibbles.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #3

Morning all. I am just getting ready for coffee and a wakeup so I can get K up in about an hour and a half so we can take Cuddles to the vet together. My stomach has been really hurting since last night. I think I'm just nervous. I'm glad K decided to go with me.
Frosty here too. They say the temps are going to continue to drop. The nights its been in the 20s and during the days 30s to 40s.
I got my Christmas shopping for the kitties done yesterday. I love online shopping, no dealing with crowds and I can do it in my pajamas.
Been bad and broke my non smoking streak. Will try again to quit soon though.
Haven't been sleeping well the past two nights so a bit flighty at best.
Hope you all enjoy your Friday. Take care!
<3

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #4

Hi all. Nasty chilly cloudy morning, 7 (45 F) degrees, and the snow forecast is still on for tomorrow, ugh! Will probably have to skip the library. Stocked up at the market and got gin just in case it's more than anticipated, although 1" is what they're calling for. Semper paratus! No other news, just chillin' the rest of the day.

Yola, glad Sebi's better. I only fill my bird feeder a days worth at a time because of the rain making the seed sprout...it's hard to get out when that happens, which it does. Fingers crossed all goes well at the vets, Tink. Thinking of Alex today too.

Stay warm and dry, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #5

Hello all

Sorry for the absence life is really busy.....at the moment. But all is well.
Seems I have a lot of catching up to do so off I go to catch up.
Hope you are all well....bet no one even missed me

See you all later. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #6

Course we did Kazz! Trouble with internet - can't just yell "Where the h*** are you???"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #7

I was wondering where you were Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I was wondering where you were Kazz!
I was here just not here if that makes sense.....just really really busy right now.... .....only just managed to get to the CP meeting Tuesday. Got a fair few Christmas meals in the next few weeks too....so may go missing again but will try to clock in daily....

How is life treating you then Kim? the pup coming on well?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #9

You were definitely missed! We notice absences, you know!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
04-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #10

I've played the recorder a little bit today in front of Dylan. Like I said on yesterday's daily I reckoned his response would be "Mouse!!! Must Find it and kill it!!!" and I was right