Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #1

Sunday 10th Jan

Morning all.Still snow out there but apart from the odd flurry nmot much happening seems a little colder than yesterday thats due to the wind factor....but not too bad. Must be bad as I have fewer birds this morning. Must put different sort of food out. Plus de-froze the bird bath twice already....Off to get a new microwave ours broke yesterday, I have reserved one at Argos in the 1/2 price sale. Will pick up some milk from Sainsburys too, and bits and pieces, including an assortment of gourmet choice bird food. May take the rubbish round the skip although the dustbin men made it fine this last week. I have a phobia of rubbish I am sure I do, I'm forever runinng round the skip. See you all later, stay upright and warm all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #2

Re: Sunday 10th Jan

It seems to be a little warmer here; snow is melting off the roofs. There's a stronger wind too but unfortunately more snow is forecast I hope they're wrong!

As my cleaner couldn't get here this last week, I have been vacuuming, washing the floors and the bathroom. OH has been cleaning the fireplaces out. I'm happier now the house is clean again

OH is taking Domi to his swimming lesson this afternoon and I'll be catching up on the ironing and getting our Sicillian stew on the go.

School is open tomorrow so we'll have an early start as I'll have walk the boys part of the way as the suburban roads local to the school are not passable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #3

Not much snow here today and a lot of what we have had is melting. Keep getting the odd little flurry but nothing substantial. I was all prepared to get snowed in for a couple of days!!! LOL loads of food in the freezer and OH went out yesterday and got loads of bird food, we put some water out for them but they didn't use it.

Having a nice bit of roast beef later, have a food afternoon everybody.

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #4

Yola what you have must be catching in the cleaning stakes becauseI have caught it. I have cleaned out every kitchen cupboard washed/wiped down inside, restacked all my tins in "use by dates" and type. (to be honest it wasn't that bad but I fel better now its done.Restacked the freezer (same as Emma's mines full) done a list so I know what I have in there (put it under fridge magnet) Cleaned the fridge inside. Cleaned the cupboard doors down and the tops of the wall cupboards.... as well and cleaned the light fittings took the washed the shades. Cleaned the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. Cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom and repainted the ceiling as I painted it pale green a while ago, but I did not like it so now its pristine white again and I am happy. Cleaned the tiles down in the bathroom and cleaned the shower and sink. Have purchased the microwave and its nice. Black really smart.Have de-iced the birds water again. So everything is good here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #5

Afternoon all, just been dog walking, Maggie did the whole walk offlead, and was as good as gold....Its still quite icy here, but begining to melt, does not seem as cold today, although they say we have more snow to come....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #6

Hi, all! Sunny but still bitterly cold, -7 (19 F), wind chill -13!! Have not ventured out for days as I really feel the cold as I get older... waiting for the bus in this is just too much. But a slow warming trend is coming so they say, will get above freezing tomorrow so will try to get to the market as fresh produce is getting low. I'm getting cabin fever stuck indoors

Kazz, where do you get your boundless energy?! Glad to hear the weather seems to be moderating a bit for you all, may it continue!!

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #7

Yeah snow is melting slowly here......long mau it continue....we need a good amount of rain get rid of it all then happiness even if it starts again. We need a leel playing field,

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #8

Well done Maggie......off lead as a baby well done.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #9

Been indoors all day today... snow did melt a little bit early on in the day, but we have had loads more come down since... when is it gonna end?????????

Been looking online for ski clothes for Emma - her school holiday is fast approaching... more money!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #10

Karen and Yola, what is it with the cleaning, there must be something in the air. Today i have been sorting through cupboards and getting rid of loads of stuff we have hoarded over the years. Previously our porch has been a glory hole and we dont use the front door. However in a few weeks we are getting a pup and therfore not going to use the side door and gate anymore for safety reasons. I have had to clear the porch and consequently had to then clear out the cupboards to make room for the stuff we are keeping. Will be glad to go back to work tomorrow