Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #1

Slightly Dripping Monday!

Well it is here anyway, although we still can't get out of our driveway which is on a bit of an incline. MIL's carer got here, but had to park at the pub and walk up the bridlepath. We hope sincerely that A) ASDA decides to send our groceries tomorrow and B) that they have received their deliveries and people haven't bought it all before our order is picked at the store! We are now using powdered milk but still have enough to see us through meal-wise for a few days. Our sprouting seeds are stepping in for otherwise no fresh veggies.

Hope everyone else is OK - I know that there is far worse weather in other parts of the UK. Keep warm and safe peeps!

Just a little discussion point .... I wonder if the government will have second thoughts about penalising 4X4 drivers after pleas going out for 4X4 drivers to ferry doctors about to emergency calls .........etc. Even my OH is considering getting one - after years of ridiculing people who have them with no real need for off roading!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #2

Re: Slightly Dripping Monday!

Morning, Angie, all! Well, it is morning here, and sunny and a whisker warmer than yesterday - -4 (25 F) and no winds, so looking better. Still haven't ventured out other than to rescue the paper and put out the trash/recycling, fill the bird feeder; cannot abide the bitter cold. Tomorrow's supposed to be better so will try for the market, low on fruit/vegetables and juice. No news at all here!

Hope the grocery delivery makes it with a full order; it's awful being snowbound. Hope all are warm, dry and well and that a thaw will set in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #3

Hope you're feeling better today angie and your groceries arrive tomorrow. Drove to work today, roads ok mostly once you get out of the village.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #4

hello, all!
wet, dark, and gloomy here! warm in comparison (53 F) but pouring down rain..there is a flood watch and a wind advisory set on us again!
i am trying to decide if i should try a run down the road to the library before the wind and rain really kick in, it's supposed to get worse in several hours. not sure if i shall or not, but there's some books i really want to pick up! decisions, decisions.
i have an appt in town on friday, if weather is horrid though i'm canceling. i only have one functioning windshield wiper and i have to go on a main highway to get there so...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #5

Hiya all

Angie I hope you get your shopping. The supermarkets by me seem to have stock so hope yours do too.
Eileen hope yours does too...can't you order the bits your low on from your delivery service...?

Like Shelly I have been to work, but I walked (the joys of being a 4 minute walk away can't be stressed enough with weather like this)
Just got home I am was on lates, taking Sal out not its kinda thawed here today but freezing now...hope it rains soon and washes it away...but then we will have floods...

Take care all off to walk Sal and then have something on toast or a soup for dinner.

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #6

Hope you make it to the library, Tink. I have 3 holds in and have to get there this week! The rain sounds awful, but 53 sounds almost tropical ... we made it to freezing today!

Kazz, I'm way way too picky to let anyone else choose fruit and vegetables for me; I only have the heavy stuff and basics like milk, juice canned goods delivered bi-weekly ... which is a godsend ...

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #7

hehe i have four on hold for me eileen and three more i've requested that are not in transit yet.
yes it is so strangely warm here i can't believe it, i almost wonder if we will get our freeze late this year..the seasons have been getting pushed back a little farther each year. i just don't believe this is our winter, the other shoe i'm waiting to drop! it's too strange!

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #8

Tink, I'm old enough to remember when you wanted to reserve a book you had to fill out a postcard and pay for a stamp so they'd mail you the notice when it came in! Thank God for computers. Does your library system show you where you are in the queue?

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #9

it tells me what number i am in line
i think its so great i can order books from all over the county and have them all delivered to my little town library down the street!
they email me when my books are in. i just told my mom about it recently, she had no idea and now is getting in the habit of picking up lots she didn't know she had access to, 17 the last pick up !!
thank goodness for libraries, i'd be flat broke if i had to buy all the books i read
i'm just glad our little town got a self checkout finally, it was a bit embarassing for awhile to have the librarian check out 15 books in a row for me on cats

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #10

We have the self-checkout here too, but I've never used it; this is a small interim library while ours is being rebuilt and rarely busy so I let the librarian check them out while we chat.