Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #1

Tuesday's Thread

Not much happening here today either, but thought I'd start one nevertheless. The boys have gone for a taster day at their new school. Both were OK until then had to step into a classroom of new friends with 12 pairs of eyes boring into them! Even Dominik's little chin was wobbling a bit.

It's overcast and cold and eternally wintry. Oh for some warmth!

Spare a moment in your day please for the beautiful ginger cat with fluffy tail (and its owners) which had obviously been hit by a car overnight. He was laid out on a driveway opposite Waitrose. Brought a big lump to my throat

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday's Thread

Hope the boys enjoy their taster day Yola... its not easy for adults to walk into a room with lots of eyes on you... so kudos to the boys for doing it... a wobbly chin is acceptable!

is a cool night here... at last.... i will actually get to sleep with a doona on instead of just a sheet!

poor ginger baby...and his poor owners.. nice of someone to remove him/her from the roadway.. RIP little ginger cat

have a good day all... am off to bed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #3

You've a brave couple of lads there Yola. I do hope they like their new school and will look forward to going there in due course.

It is bitterly cold here again today - quite a stiff wind blowing. It was clear with blue sky earlier but has clouded over now but doesn't seem to have warmed up at all. OH is off playing golf today and I had to leave MIL to go and have my feet done. Booked next appointment for a different day now that OH seems to be a regular Tuesday golfer. Thought that the central heating wasn't going to work when I went to switch it back on, but I'd pressed the knob wrongly and somehow only had the hot water on. Rads are warming up nicely now.

Pip is a funny little sausage - he obviously feels the cold because he has a fuzzy felt type coat. I let Kizzy out and Pip wanted to go too, but no sooner had I shut the door than he was crying to come back in again.

I was very sorry to hear about the ginger cat Yola saw. It was kind of someone to remove it from the road. RIP sweetie - the owner will be very sad when they learn what's happened to you.

Sleep well Jo - btw what's a "doona"???? Have a good day all and keep warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #4

Hi all; another super day: already 12 ( 53 F) before lunch and up to 16 by afternoon, not as cloud in the sky. No errands today, slept late and pottering about; working on Qs for the quiz tomorrow. I think I may have pulled a muscle working in the garden yesterday, a stabbing pain in right forearm when I move it a certain way ...?? Took an Aleve, hope it wears off. No interesting news.

RIP, little ginger cat, so sad. I remember changing schools in 4th grade, Yola, a quite unnerving experience! I'm sure your boys will adjust. I hope it warms up for everyone's sake, especially poor chilly Pip! Yes, what's a doona, Jo?

Heep well, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

Back from hospital (have posted) and weather okay here...Yola why have the boys changed schools? have I missed something.

Opps have to pop off now a visitor, stay well all.

RIP ginger cat

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #6

Hi,
It was sunny and chilly earlier but now it's just grey,windy and cold.
I need sun!!
Sad to hear about the ginger cat
R.I.P little Ginger cat

Almost a Veteran Member

10-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

Sleep well Jo - btw what's a "doona"???? Have a good day all and keep warm.
a doona like an eiderdown... or duvet... ours are very lightweight but very warm... 100% lambswool enclosed in a cotton casing...we actually have two... a heavier weight one for winter... and really lightweight one for summer

sorry i forget about the difference in language.. funny some english/North or ireland words i still use today... but others i have adopted the australianism quite unconsciously

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #8

Thanks Jo for clearing that up. I thought it would be a sort of a duvet. Our duvets are generally duck or goose feather/down or polyester. I seem to remember seeing something about lambswool ones on the tele - sounds really lovely.

Almost a Veteran Member

10-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #9

they are good from many perspectives Angie.... very warm but not heavy... plus they breathe well... and unlike some of the down/feather ones... you dont need to constantly redistribute the filling ... although its been many years since ive had one like that i remember that it was always a problem... maybe they have done something in the manufacture to remedy that situation