Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #1

Sunny Sunny Saturday...did I say Sunny

Well its a beautiful beautiful day here.....hope its the same everywhere. If this is the result of a volcano then more volcano's please....but not the air traffic chaos.

Loads to do and kinda motivated now.......but got to kick start myself all I have done this morning is have a bacon toast sarnie...with brown sauce on the side..

Planning on going in the garden now got a few things to do. See you all later so this is an INSTRUCTION to all of you have as good a day as I have planned and you won't go wrong.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunny Saturday...did I say Sunny

It's really beautiful here too very sunny, not a cloud in the sky I knew it was going to be good when I got up as it was pretty hazy outside. Must make MrH go out and mow the grass, he'll enjoy being out in the sun.

Had a little carpet problem earlier as the dog was whining a bit and we realised too late that it was because he was absolutely bursting for a wee! He was fairly good about it though, just did enough to relieve the pressure a bit and finished it off once we let him outside.

Have a good weekend folks!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #3

Likewise, a gorgeous sunny day here ........ the chairs are out in the garden ready.
May start my hanging baskets later so they have time to get established before putting outdoors.

Kazz, just do the essentials in your garden and then start to wind down

Have a great day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #4

Glorious day here too - OH, MIL and I have all been out in the garden this morning. I've just come in for lunch and Catsey catch-up. Planted up my three little fruit bushes - an offer - Blueberry, Goji Berry and Honeyberry. They are all now in nice big pots in front of the greenhouse where they will get full sun nearly all day. Been doing some tidying up and weeding of other pots and OH has cut the grass. Our neighbour gave us some shallots so they have been planted too. Just finishing off my apple and I'll be out again. It is lovely out there and I MAY have to take my fleece off!!!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #5

Hi, all. June weather yesterday, late March today: 14 C (56 F), sun but very gusty winds. Will be below normal till mid week. At least it's not raining. Books at the library, gin at the liquor store, just the usual Saturday routine.

Good to hear the weather's so lovely and people are enjoying their gardens; a bit brisk so I'll probably stay indoors with the papers, crosswords and Catsey and OFF.

Angie, am I mistaken or don't blueberries need another one to produce berries? Carolyn planted three in huge tubs and would have gotten lots of fruit except the birds got there first ........ how they enjoyed them!

Enjoy the day, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Angie, am I mistaken or don't blueberries need another one to produce berries? Carolyn planted three in huge tubs and would have gotten lots of fruit except the birds got there first ........ how they enjoyed them!

Enjoy the day, all!
The nursery I bought the plants from say they don't, but I have read that they do crop better when there's more than one. The Honeyberry isn't self fertile, so there are two planted together. We shall see but I'm not sure whether they are meant to fruit in their first year anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #7

Hi all. Warm yet rainy here today but the sun is supposed to come out tomorrow. K stayed up all night watching a television series marathon and I know he's gonna be a grump later so I think I will pop off to the store on my own while he sleeps. Then I won't have to be annoyed when he is dragging his feet later b/c I'll have got everything I needed just in case already
Got some embroidery pattern books in the mail today that I ordered. Can't wait to pour over them once all the excitement settles down around here.
I spent all day cleaning yesterday and it looks like I haven't done a thing already What would it have looked like if I didn't clean ??
Hopefully just a quiet day and some errands by myself

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #8

Hiya all

Back in from the garden I am with Angie it gorgeous. Brought some decking and have a plan... ......removed the 2ftx2ft 50p shaped slabs which were heavy all stacked out of the way......ready to build the fame work now.....not me though leaving that to my Dad; brother and Lewis...while I am in hospital have shown them exactly where I want it and what to do.....so should be okay. Brother not speaking to me as I moved the sabs myself......but he'll get over it.

Have a good evening all.........off out to the pictures now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #9

Oh Kazz ,,, moving slabs No wonder your brother was annoyed! Enjoy the pictures and take it easy, woman!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #10

Kazz, you are gonna get a kicking if you dont start taking things easy and looking after your health.

It was a lovely sunny day here but there was a cool wind, it's now raining a little.

Fell off a door step this week, went my full length and pulled something in my leg which has been agony. Was sitting doing my paper work last night and must have dropped some money which Rayne was only too happy to shred to bits, have spent a long time putting the tiny bits back together and taping them, the bank should accept them as i have the serial numbers.
Well, that was a summary of the disasters that struck me this week . Never a dull day hey

Rayne began learning some agility this week, no jumping or anything, just getting her to stand on the contact points and over a few trotting poles. She loved it.

Milly has trully made herself right at home and is quite the greedy guts. G is having a ball with his two cuddle monsters. Still saddens me when I think about Eva but it is nice not to have G calling me stressing about her pooping antics etc.