Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
24-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #1

Strange hiding places

have any of ur cats got strange places they like to hide?

in the last few days cass my younger cat has tried the bath,the tumble drier and tonite,the cupboard where i keep both cats litter trays

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
24-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #2

Re: Strange hiding places

Vinnie still hides in the bath and jumps out at us randomly when we enter the bathroom - he has always done this since he was a kitten and he is now 2 and a half years old!

Lola hides on the windowsil but only when the curtains are closed. And she will keep popping her head through to look at us every ten minutes or so and will pounce if we come near. Sometimes she falls asleep behind there and falls off and then just lies down wherever she has fallen - like as if she intended to fall (saving face me thinks).

Harry likes to hide behind the TV and has mastered how to switch it off at his leisure!

Aren't cats just peculiar creatures - in the nicest possible way!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #3

Can't say any of mine have ever hidden as such - but the behind the curtain I'll bet is a favourite with many kitties! I love your description Manyana!

Good thread - I look forward to other hidey-hole stories.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
25-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #4

Ella has discovered that she fits under our new coffee table. It is very low so I am unsure how she manages this!!

Alfie likes to lie ontop of cupboards ... and Oli likes his bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #5

Sorry, I don't have any strange hidey-places to report But look forward to some more funny stories.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #6

Tanya's story of the coffee table brings to mind ..... when we'd just moved in to this house, many moons ago now (stop yawning, I'll get to the cat bit soon) both Merlin and Smudge, who were not small cats squeezed under our chest of drawers in the bedroom and didn't come out for days - I got really worried because the weather was really hot. I put water and food down for them, but as far as I know they were just so traumatised, they didn't venture out at all.

Took a while, but they did love it here, especially Smudge who just loved the biggish garden and definitely always preferred out to in.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
25-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #7

Minnie likes to be completly hidden by going under the quilt,under any clothes you put down. You have to be careful if you sit or lay on the bed as you cant always see the lump in the quilt and you squash her.Even in that hot weather she would hide there.If she got hot a paw would hang out.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Fluffy. Calico cat.
26-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

Fluffy can frequently be found in any draws, cupboards or linen baskets. I don't mind at all - unless she finds the freshly ironed stuff!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
26-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #9

My first cat, Snowy like to try and hide in shoes- problem was he could only get his front feet and head in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #10

Hestia will hide in any dresser drawer if it's left open..which is fine unless you don't notice and shut her in (I did that one Christmas! Imagine my confusion trying to track the muted meowing!!).