Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #1

Thursday- rum 'n' raisin

Hi folks, it's still warm enough for an ice-cream

Put my washing on the line so hoping they'll blow dry before the pending shower comes down. Then to tackle the ironing mountain on the weekend I really have got to get to grips with it, I'm getting into the habit of leaving it and just ironing items before wearing, my mother would NOT be pleased

Ceri's in the Day Hospital today until 3pm so I'm going have lunch with my friend at her house, I'm taking warm Greggs pasties, she is busy getting ready to go off on hols tomorrow so it's convenient. I'll work off those calories later in Curves

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #2

Re: Thursday- rum 'n' raisin

Hi PP! You've picked another of my favourites for today! I haven't had a cone yet this year. Had a tub at home for a spoonful with the strawberries, but not yet had a day out which is when I may get a treat!!!

Not sure if we have another creature in the house today - loads of scampering in the night (Kizzy and Pip) and both OH and I saw something but not sure where it is or even if it's still indoors - as Monty is out on his walk, doors are open in the hope that said rodent will find it's own way out. I've moved the chest in the hall where OH saw Pip on guard, but there was nothing there apart from some distinctly rodent droppings, now all cleaned up. I call these cats SLOVENLY at the moment.

I am thinking about Eileen today, preparing for her move tomorrow. I just wish I lived nearer and could help her even a little.

Hope you enjoy your lunch PP and that everyone to come also has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #3

One of my favourite flavours! yummy! except I can't have ice-cream at the moment because of the fat content, I have to make do with sorbet!

Dull day here, watching the women's semis on the tv today, can't stand Azarenka's awful, high-pitched wailing sound every time she hits the ball

I thought players' grunts were bad but this just takes the biscuit, I'm glad I'm not there in person, I'd probably stand up and shout at her to stop!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #4

Hi PP, Angie, MrsH and those to follow. Beautiful last day of June: blue skies, nice breeze, 22 C (72 F) which is still cooler than normal, but so far June is running 4 degrees warmer than usual. Not as warm as last year's June, though; that was lovely!
Just about finished with the packing: everything done except what I need to fix lunch; ordering in Chinese tonight as all pots, cutlery, china etc. are now boxed. I'll be so glad when this is over; obviously won't be on tomorrow. Hope we can get the new computer up and running at Friendship.

PP, I detest ironing, no longer buy things that need it!. Hope the lunch was nice. Angie, how kind to think of helping me, I wish you could have too. Is the dead rodent smell still around? MrsH, after the op will you be able to eat foods like ice cream again?

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #5

late check in for me, been a very busy week. I seem to have had somewhere to go every evening. Monday, was out with old friends for a pizza, tue, at parents for tea, Wed, yoga, Tonight is cousins night and tomorrow we are off to the caravan untill Monday.
Eileen i hope your move goes well tomorrow, i'm sure we would all be pleased to help you if we were nearer. Good job you have Chris.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #6

thinking of you Eileen and hope your move is smooth and easy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #7

Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow Eileen and that you and Leia settle in well. ((((HUGS)))) to you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #8

Hello everyone. Eileen- all the best for tomorrow. Hope you and Leia settle in quickly and that you are back online soon.

PP- I loathe ironing and my favourite blouse is one that is meant to be creased. I love the fact that the washing instructions tell you to tie it in a knot to dry! I'm a great believer in creases hanging outwith body heat but do have some clothes I can't get away with that one! I won't do OH's ironing - neither does he but he's an archaeologist and sartorial elegance isn't part of the JD.

Shelley, have a great time in the caravan! Angie, we had to rescue a scared rabbit tonight! At least they are big enough to find.

I spent part of the day at Tilbury Fort. A fascinating place if a bit 'out of the way' in an unlovely part of Essex. Hated driving on the M25 though but at least I could fill this car easily!

Day off tomorrow! I need to catch up with some gardening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
30-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #9

evening all!! saw i missed all the drama earlier, damn!!

work today, not been up to much really, just spending time with the poorly rattie. tried her on a different medicine as she was refusing the original one, its not working at all so im trying to think of ways to get her to take the old one. its an enteric coated tablet ive had to crush up, it must taste disgusting as she wont take it and if i trick her into taking a lick she'l rub her face all over to try and get rid cant syringe it in either as ithe stress of it sends her into a panick attack. *sigh* nothings ever easy!!

good luck with your move eileen! hope you get settled in and back on here sharpish!!

have a nice time in your new caravan shelley!! is this your first stay in it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #10

hey everyone, just been hearing about the drama earlier!!! what an obnoxious person!!!

I was working today and have finished all my assessments so its my first day on the phones tomorrow so fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone has had a good day, im only just in froim the in-laws hence the late posting.

OH is playing with the monsters with the Da Bird toy and they are going nuts for it!!! I need to try get some shots of teh acrobatics they are doing when playing!!!