Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #1

frosty white friday

morning everyone.

Just thought i would start the daily as im sitting eating my breakfast before heading to work. Its grey and wet here today again

hope you all have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #2

Re: frosty white friday

Good morning Pamela and everyone!
Early start for me too, I've already been to the gym and now started on the housework. Can you tell I have visitors coming? My friends from Plymouth are coming up to stay the w/e. we have a Silver Wedding 'do' Saturday night.

Weather a bit miserable her, very sticky and damp, weather to make your hair frizz- which is not good as I have a hairdresser's appointment later!

Have a good weekend everybody. We'll have wall to wall rugby on here I expect- ah well, there's always the shops

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #3

Morning both. Hope work OK Pamela, and that you have a lovely time with friends and do over the weekend PP.

Quiet day here. I actually let myself sleep until I woke up. Means that Cloud was quite anxious for her breakfast when I did get up, but also means that for the first time in a while I did not want to go back to sleep again!!!

Hoep everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #4

Morning all. I'm on yet another train heading to London for meetings. There are too many people in too much of a hurry there! It is grey and humid here. Still it IS Friday! Think I might pick some sloes this weekend and start the gin off.
Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #5

Hi all. damp, gloomy and still raining here! Nearing 10:30 and only 21 C (70 F), September has been below normal in temp and way above in rainfall... over 6" already in the City itself, and bad flooding in many areas. The ground is just saturated.

I never get up early, sleeping in is a nice indulgence; only time I've done it recently was for surgery, not for choice! CS, you make sloe gin? Speaking of gin, Angie's computer must still be in the shop; I miss her! Squirrel, glad you got your lie-in. Hi, Pamela! PP, enjoy the wedding, if not the rugby. I saw a bit of a game when I was channel hopping, it certainly is a rough game!

Take care, the weekend cometh!

Copied this from my weather site, in case you think I've been exaggerating.....

More Downpours Will Add to Mid-Atlantic Flooding Problems

Although not as heavy as the past few days, more rain will soak the already saturated Mid-Atlantic today with spotty showers continuing through the weekend. Another inch will fall on top of the 10 to 15 inches that has already produced deadly and catastrophic flooding. The high waters are to blame for at least five deaths so far in the Mid-Atlantic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #6

Seems we are getting a windy weekend, thanks to the tail end of Hurricane Katia heading our way from the States. It didn't hit the shore over there thank goodness but we're getting the effects on Monday. So nice of you to share that info Eileen
Seems that the grass will be too damp to cut again this coming week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14854581

Stay safe people!

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #7

Thanks for that link, PP! It may not technically be a hurricane but if it has hurricane-force winds, who wants to split hairs? Hope it's not too bad, stay safe, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #8

Hurricane Katia? Already? Not that long since it was Irene. And there was Jose to be inbetween them... Sheesht!!!

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #9

Squirrel, Lee was downgraded from a hurricane to a tropical depression, but has drenched the East Coast worse than Irene. It's nearing 2 pm and stopped raining! Woo hoo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #10

Hello everyone,
work, then took the dogs for an off lead blast at the river this morning.
Kwame has his Bronze assessment tomorow, i'll be glaqd when it's over.