Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #1

New Year's Eve Day

Hi all - I may be confused with the name of the day but it's Saturday here, gloomy, warmish, overcast and damp. I've stayed indoors whilst OH has taken Monty for his walk. They've gone up to the very muddy forest where it is safest for Monty to have a good run about and meet his doggy friends.

Monty has a sore eye this morning. It was almost closed up so OH has bathed it open with salt water and the eye itself looks perfectly fine, so it's just a case of keeping an eye on his eye I think. Our vet practice does run its own emergency service thank goodness so we can always pop him over to Bognor, but we'll keep bathing it today and see how it is tomorrow.

I've put the breadmaker on and am about to vacuum all the leaves out of the kitchen!

Have a good day peeps. Don't forget to say goodbye to 2011.

Eileen - I hope that you are feeling a bit better today? When you say you have an appointment next week - I hope you mean early next week???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #2

Re: New Year's Eve Day

HI, ANGIE. no, I didn't say when, it's the 11th; but am feeling rather awful and think I'll ask Chris to take me to the ER when he comes over.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #3

Oh, I'm so sorry Eileen - my thoughts are with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #4

oh dear Eileen i very sorry. I hope you get sorted out at the ER, please let us know how you get on.
It's Malaika's second birthday today, she's had lots of treats and got a new toy. Don't know how long it will last, it's a bright pink Kong Wubba and she likes it.
We took both dogs for an offlead romp at the river. When we arrived we were surprised to see lots of people and dogs. It turned out there was a hunt taking place, apparently it is illegal to hunt real foxes now, hope this is correct. We had to keep our two on leads whilst they were near by as i think they quite fancied running with the hounds.
I have just been to pick my eldest son up whose now languishing in bed due to over indulgance on drink last night.
We are going next door later for a small party.
Hope everyone has a nice time whatever you are doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #5

Oh dear Eileen, I hope you feel better very very soon xxxx

Happy New Year when it comes every one. I am off to bed very soon, feel like crap and can hardly keep my eyes open.

Have a good one folks xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #6

Eileen I am so sorry you are feeling that rough, I hope you are feeling a little bit better.

Elaine I hope you are not feeling poorly too.

Afternoon or maybe its evening now. Been a bit of a hectic day..though no reason for it. In work for a few hours last night but got up early this morning and took Sal out early but no mud thankfuly....part of my new years plan if you remember to be out a little longer
Mom and Dad went to the Syphony hall for the New Years Eve Matinee show. They really enjoyed it. Just had a lovely dinner of tukey and pork same as New Years day - having roast beef tomorrow.

Have a good evening all I will be around as not going out,Shelley sounds a nice plan for the evening.

See you all around later.

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #7

just checking to see if any news Re Eileen, i hope you are ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #8

Hmm I am here to see if anything from Eileen.

But as I am Happy New Year all.

Global Moderator

01-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #9

If I hear anything concerning Eileen, I will post straight away but I'm secretly hoping it won't be necessary....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #10

hope eileens ok, check in when you get home eileen!