Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #1

sunny sunday

Morning everyone, as the title suggests, it looks like its going to be a sunny day today. Getting ready to head off to the meet up looking forward to it

Hope you all have a lovely relaxing sunday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #2

Re: sunny sunday

Morning Pamela - hope you enjoy your meet and the sun stays shining on us all - it's certainly shining here and is rather warm.

I am pottering in the garden, weeding out some pots and rearranging them. Giving the phormiums a good watering as if forecast we have a very dry summer, they will be able to cope. Think I'll go geraniums this year as they are remarkably drought tolerant. OH has just taken Monty out for his walk but we will have to start going earlier if this warm weather keeps up. Monty is not due to have his summer clip until 13 April and he is already feeling the heat, mind he does look like a woolly sheep rather than a Schnauzer.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday - the beginning of BST and lighter evenings - HOORAY! Cuddles and chin tickles for all Catsey cats today from me in celebration.

(Did you remember the clocks have gone forward 1 hour?)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #3

Having a typical lazy Sunday here, think I'll bake a cake - lemon drizzle anyone?

Angie - did you hear about rat-poison laced sandwiches at West Wittering? or is it just a rumour? Any signs of local concern when you were there?

Lovely and sunny here today too, need to prune the buddleia soon and the roses before they get too leggy.

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Hands up for lemon drizzle, MrsH!

Very sadly, there were Police notices up at East Head warning people about cases of poisoning - although the notice did state that the cases were at Bosham and Lavant. This concern has also been raised, I believe on F*book and on the Schnauzer forum I belong to. Evidently one dog has died and another was seriously ill. I don't remember "sandwiches" having been mentioned but presumably as the Police have been involved it is not just a case of rat poison having been taken by a dog accidentally.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
25-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #5

afternoon all, and a rather scorching day here too!

send some cake up my way mrs h!
hope you have fun pamela, you got a lovely day for it!
whats this about the sanwiches angie? a bait for rats and some unfortunate dogs have eaten them??

mums cats out lounging on the decking, having a good roll around, and ty dog is coming in and out. its too hot for him at the moment and theres not much shade, will take him for a walk later when its cooler. took him for a walk with my friends dog yesterday after work, first time they'd met and they just ran in circles chasing each other until they were tired! will see if shes up for another after her walk today i think they both really enjoyed themselves! pips having a snooze on the stairs (one of his favourite places, bad in the middle of the night/early morning when i cant see him!!)

have a nice day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #6

Phew, I am VERY hot! It was cold and foggy this morning so I dressed accordingly as it really didn't look like it would burn off. I have just run 6 miles for Sport Relief in blazing sunshine. I have gone a very unbecoming shade of red.
Going to flop for a bit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
25-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #7

Afternoon.

Its a glorious weather here in Denmark.

We've picked up my dad at my uncle's. That also means that we don't have a car anymore *sigh*

Luna's had a bone in the garden and I sat in the sun for a while.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #8

Well I have been in the garden very relaxing day. Roast beef and trimming for lunch.

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #9

Just to say about the "poison sandwiches" - on Dogsey it is being said that this is the same hoax as in 2008. But the Police sign was there, I saw it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Just to say about the "poison sandwiches" - on Dogsey it is being said that this is the same hoax as in 2008. But the Police sign was there, I saw it.
There's been talk about this on the cocker forum as well and someone found and posted an article from the Chichester Observer dated 27th February this year about 3 dogs eating baited sandwiches over a period of a few weeks. So it looks as though it's all genuine and the investigation is ongoing, I hope there haven't been any more incidents since that article appeared. Poor dogs, evil thing to do