Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #1

Saturday

Morning everyone. Thought I may as well start the daily as im up having a cup of tea just now as my throat is really sore and can't sleep think a trip to the docs on Monday may be called for. I'm not upto much today. Need to run an errand to the bank and then home for what I think will be a duvet and DVD day. OH is going to his friends house to fix his pedal bike but is talking about not going so he can look after me! Really sweet but don't want him staying in just for that. Hope everyone has a great day. Will check in later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Saturday

Pamela my response to your post is simply Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh how sweet and lovely.

My thoughts now when someone offers to do something really nice for you like your OH is I now think "would I offer to do the same and mean it" if the answer is Yes then "think about it before stopping him" although I am a terrible ill person and just want to be left alone not fussed over.

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Opps just realised I spent so much time dishing out advice I for got to post

Good morning all.

Lovely day here not at work till Tuesday night and honest I am shattered and will sleep today. Sitting here with the now regular bag of frozen peas on my knee its no better

Pamela hope you feel better soon.
Yola Good Lord whooping cough is that hard to diagnose then suppose it must be if you are only just finding out although I assume the symptoms are similar to other things. What a terrible thing and frightening for you and your hubby - its one of my two fears not being able to breathe/choke...... Hope you both feel better soon.

Angie my weekends starts when I wake up later. HopOe the pup is fine. And of course the cats and Master Bogle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #4

Morning Pamela - sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. I think I would make sure I had plenty of throat soothing stuff to hand and tell OH to go and fix his bike .... like Kazz, if I feel poorly I like to be left in peace. Cats are always fine and very comforting.

Morning Kazz - sleep well! Sweet dreams.

Well, we have made the decision and will be going ahead and adopting Dora. She had her first peaceful night last night, hardly a squeak from mid-night until the alarm went off at 7.00, OH did not have to get her up for a night time trip to the garden either. She only had one accident yesterday. Our lurcher pals tell us that girls are harder to house train than boys and that it can take up to 20 days to get success, she has been with us 2 weeks, so we are still within the time frame! I think that OH would have been upset to hand her on, he's got attached to her and so has Monty. She is very sweet and gentle and once we have got over the two hurdles of house training and sleeping at night, there is nothing to not like about her. I STILL LOVE MY CATS BEST THOUGH!!!

Home-made carrot soup with home baked bread for supper tonight.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #5

Thanks for the well wishes. I've told him still to go as im just going to have a duvet and and day. Kazz hope you sleep well. Angie, glad to hear that dora slept for you all night and that the accidents are getting less. I think she will be a great addition to your wee family

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #6

Angie thats good news for Dora.
Pamla hope you feel better.