Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #1

Friday

Hurray for Friday
Not a bad day at work, in fact quite good.
Hope everyone else has had a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #2

Re: Friday

Hi Shelley and everyone else! Off work just now so find myself with a bit of spare time to catch up and say hi to all. Not much to report - cats are good and puppy Bess keeping us all in order. Just trying decide what to eat for tonights meal. Sunday I am going to start a wool spinning class - something I've wanted to try for a while.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #3

Hi there- it's Friday! Definitely much colder over here- a grey misty day all day.
CM I used to do 'drop-spinning' as part of a school session I ran on archaeology - spindle whorls and loom weights are really common finds on domestic Iron age and Roman sites. I also had a portable warp weighted loom that I'd take into schools. Children could get that tangled up VERY quickly!

Posh dish and chips for tea- think I'll do the fish with lemongrass and coriander......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Hurray for Friday
Not a bad day at work, in fact quite good.
Hope everyone else has had a good day
Evening Shelley......Glad you have had a good day.

I am now in work for a bit tonight and then got a week off, have to organise myself and get some plans together rather than just drift
Bet I end up drifting...............need to write plan off the top of my head I need to.
I need to clear out the loft and properly clear it out.
I need to deep clean the bathroom and shower.
I need to emulsion the porch/hall (inside)
I need to recement a couple of slabs on the front step......
I need to clean the car out properly and clean it maybe get a mini service.
Look at the two front door big pots......the pansies have died. and it looks sad
Got to organise and finish sorting the bedroom.
Sort all the kitchen cupboards out and work out a plan for shopping.........
Organise the back bedroom to make better use of the space......it chaos. And I just shut the door.
Look at the bills and forthcoming bills put in a timescale and check to see if we can economise or already there. In other words a health audit on money.
Take Mom and Dad on days out for a couple of trips out.
Clear out old paperwork.
Make a will
Meet up with friends, so far got two lunches three nights and one late afternoon in the planning. May try and combine two lots of lunch people into 1 - hope the people mix works .

Clean and paint the woodwork in the kitchen although may remove the skirting and then put another in and decorate ie strip/prep and then wallpaper....
Still got to decorate (well strip and prep) the W.C too.
Sort out my cruise......for this year my plan is 2 weeks....and need to include Italy.
Take rubbish from the loft round the salvage, maybe look if anything sellable and give a car boot a go if not off to the charity shop.

I need to write a list, I really do.

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Hi Shelley and everyone else! Off work just now so find myself with a bit of spare time to catch up and say hi to all. Not much to report - cats are good and puppy Bess keeping us all in order. Just trying decide what to eat for tonights meal. Sunday I am going to start a wool spinning class - something I've wanted to try for a while.
A wool spinning class ......WOW.....thats different. Opps forgot to say Hello

What did you decide to eat?

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Hi there- it's Friday! Definitely much colder over here- a grey misty day all day.
CM I used to do 'drop-spinning' as part of a school session I ran on archaeology - spindle whorls and loom weights are really common finds on domestic Iron age and Roman sites. I also had a portable warp weighted loom that I'd take into schools. Children could get that tangled up VERY quickly!

Posh dish and chips for tea- think I'll do the fish with lemongrass and coriander......
Ohh that sounds nice which fish will you use? It sounds like a plaice dish to me. I love fish and prefer it steamed.
Your class confusion sounds brilliant fun for all - bet the kids love you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #7

Hi all!

Lemongrass .......... I have that on my "to try and grow this year" list ............ see I have a list too Kazz.

Busy day here. OH went to register his mum's death, having had a bit of a run around with the death certificate from the GP. I went to the dentist for a check up - all well, teeth nice and firm,no decay, bone fine. First time ever I've risked a reschedule check of 9 months!

Friend and lady I work for popped around with a late Christmas present - HFW's veg recipe book - quick look, very inspirational, thinking what to grow this year. Just pray for a better year ......

All good apart from one wee on the carpet from Dora about 10 mins ago. She's been reasonable today. We had a bit of a worry with Monty last night, he wouldn't come inside to go to bed and OH didn't come to bed until after 2.00 am, just waiting for him to decide to come in. He (Monty) seems OK today and has eaten. OH is understandably v. tired.

Fish ........... friend recommended marinated in lime juice and eaten raw. Not for me!