Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #1

more snow friday!

Morning everyone. After having a lovely clear day yesterday, we have gotten up to a blanket of the white stuff again! OH is taking me to work today as he is heading that way anyway Was intending going to the gym when i finish work but will need to see how the weather is as i dont drive in the snow.

Hope everyone is safe and warm today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #2

Re: more snow friday!

Well Good Morning all.

Its snowing here and really cold. Brrr......slept well last night as I was awake all day following Wed night I had to take Mom to hospital to have a camera down her throat and up the other end too Poor woman. She had sedation but is well and home and okay. The result is her throat is still narrowing and another stricture was removed yesterday she has been presecribed stronger tablets to try and prevent it reoccuring but they think she will be back and have have made another appointment for 2 months, her acid reflux is not to bad at the moment but the hiatus/hernia after effects as still visible.
The other end is the last piece of the jogsaw for a "mass" they found in her left side and we have been for scans CT's and now this apparently she has diviculitis disease (I think) and it is very bad apparently lots of pockets of poision in the small bowel.... which have caused an infection and that is the "mass" a piece of bowel that is tender/swollen and sore. They have taken biopsies but the consultant said he is now more certain it is not bowel cancer .....So all good there were doubts but now less so just awaiting Biopsy results.
I have to say I fell asleep while waiting for her and a nice nurse/person I think covered me with a blanket.

Anyhow my bed is being delivered today.

Angie how good of Pip to be a dog tester......he is earning his keep. I hope Frodo (love the name) finds a home; have Dora's family all been rehomed now. And hope your computer is now in better health.

Hope everyone else is good. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #3

Kazz I think we posted at the same time!! Could the mods join them together please?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #4

oh I think we posted at the same time. Maybe someone will join us together,.....
Safe journey to work and maybe instead of the gym you should sweep/shovel the snow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #5

Morning Kazz and Pamela - I've joined this thread only because it's longer, no favouritism intended!!!

I feel very lucky because things are normal weather-wise here and I've been listening to the News and know it's bad elsewhere - flooding in south west and snow all over, power loss in N.Ireland, so I hope Velvet is OK. and everyone else too. Keep warm and safe folks.

Our trainer got a lovely photo of Frodo and Pip, so I am emailing her to get permission to post on here. Kazz, only one of Dora's brothers is still without a
forever home, not sure why, he's a poppet called Charlie. He is safe and well cared for in foster atm.

Scary stuff re your poor Mom, but very glad it's not cancer - hope that the doctors can find a way of dealing with the infection and diverticulitis.

Pamela, hope you manage to get home safely and I would agree with Kazz that snow shovelling is probably as good as a gym workout!

Take care folks and have a good day.

(Heard that it's probably going to be the coldest March for 50 years.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #6

Was awake most of the night with severe gales . Went to bed earlier as lights kept flickering. We have trees down in the garden, window out of a shed, show, sleet and heavy rain. Pavements lethal the dogs must have did the quickest toilet in history this morning when they went out into the garden. I'm not even letting the cats out into the conservatory.

I think I will hibernate and comfort eat for the rest of the day :/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #7

afternoon all.
Was snowy here this morning and just looked out of the window to see it still is but so far it's not stuck. Very cold and windy too,brrrrrr.
Been to work this morning, then to the farm shop for fruit, veg and pies, yum,yum.
Karen, hope they get you're poor mum sorted, do they know why her throat keeps narrowing ?
Helen, sounds like you're weather is more severe than ours, yours too Pamela.
Angie, i look foward to seeing the picture of Pip if you are allowed to post it.