Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

tuesday

ok yesterday we had two dailys, today up to now none,lol.
Went to the carboot this morning and found nothing, still managed to get some bits and pieces from wilkos.
Probably will clean the car out this afternoon, have a nice day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #2

Re: tuesday

Afternoon Shelley and those to come along later. Odd sort of weather, warmish but suddenly chilly, overcast and quite low light levels, breezy. OH is playing golf, but not sure for how long as he tweaked his back yesterday and although he said it wasn't too bad this morning, last night he could hardly walk. He has agility with Monty later which will be more of a problem because the movements are more twisty turns and jerky! I have training with Dora but haven't been practicing our homework which was rolling over, so I Dora won't win any prizes tonight. She does roll over quite well at home but on the hard floor of the hall I don't expect her to do well.

I am trying to decide whether to buy a Kindle Fire HD ............ if anyone has any views I'd be keen to hear them. I've read loads of reviews online of course and I am really tempted .........

Sorry you didn't get anything at the carboot Shelley. Enjoy cleaning out the car!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #3

Hi Shelley and Angie. I was on earlier but didn't jump the gun and start the daily, not much going on, . As matter of fact it felt very much like Groundhog day; fed the cats changed the litter, hung out washing and made the same breakfast!

Not got any plans for the day, I will potter around outside later but the sun isn't showing it's face much, although it is nice and dry. I have to sort out my car finance, and if online is not playing the game than a long phone call is necessary; not looking forward to that

I don't have a Kindle as my iPad covers that with an app. so unable to say for definite, but I've heard good things about them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #4

Same kind of weather here too Angie. I keep thinking it's going to rain but it never quite manages it Karen - to answer your question from yesterday; yes I think my Mum is looking forward to moving. She'd made the decision and is being quite pragmatic and unemotional about it. I on the other hand, will probably be a complete wreck next week when it finally comes to saying goodbye to my childhood home.

Today we had another senior school visit. D won't be moving until he's 13, but we need to get him registered by the end of this calendar year. 2 favourites coming out at the moment so at least the whole process is beginning to clarify itself.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
21-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #5

On holiday this week so enjoying all the spare time and the leisurely pace, lots of pottering. Hope everyone is having a good evening, Angie the reviews on the HD fire are good but the battery needs to be charged more often than the standard kindle. Really need to wash the car this week, new tyre getting fitted on Friday second one in a fortnight. Some good news last week, spoke to the tutor and I definitely have a place on the HR course Yay!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
ok yesterday we had two dailys, today up to now none,lol.
Went to the carboot this morning and found nothing, still managed to get some bits and pieces from wilkos.
Probably will clean the car out this afternoon, have a nice day folks.

Oopps thought I had posted but obviously didn't sorry.

Shelley glad you found some bits at Wilko's - regarding carboots I have never really been into it have tried and visited and done a couple but not for me. No idea why. If there was an instruction manual I would say "I can do that"

Here the Boiler fitter man gone (more tea coffee supplied)new boiler fantastic never realised how poorly the old one was and love the portable heating sensor thingy.
Now waiting for an electrician need/want a new fuse board, and some new lights fitted in the kitchen so quotes first.

Have ordered new cooker. http://m.hotpoint.co.uk/hotpoint/m/p...410UK&pline=05 sorted out having it fitted should be done by the weekend.
Now just electrics.
Had a good day all in all Dad good Mom enjoying herself. Hope everyone else is the same.

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon Shelley and those to come along later. Odd sort of weather, warmish but suddenly chilly, overcast and quite low light levels, breezy. OH is playing golf, but not sure for how long as he tweaked his back yesterday and although he said it wasn't too bad this morning, last night he could hardly walk. He has agility with Monty later which will be more of a problem because the movements are more twisty turns and jerky! I have training with Dora but haven't been practicing our homework which was rolling over, so I Dora won't win any prizes tonight. She does roll over quite well at home but on the hard floor of the hall I don't expect her to do well.

I am trying to decide whether to buy a Kindle Fire HD ............ if anyone has any views I'd be keen to hear them. I've read loads of reviews online of course and I am really tempted .........

Sorry you didn't get anything at the carboot Shelley. Enjoy cleaning out the car!

Have a good day folks.
Hiya Angie - Ouch to your hubby's back. Not fun although I thought it was Monty that had to do the agility course not hubby You should work with Dora and do your homework especially as you said she is really smart....

No view on kindle fire have the kindle (original) and love that. Have heard great things about the fire though.

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Hi Shelley and Angie. I was on earlier but didn't jump the gun and start the daily, not much going on, . As matter of fact it felt very much like Groundhog day; fed the cats changed the litter, hung out washing and made the same breakfast!

Not got any plans for the day, I will potter around outside later but the sun isn't showing it's face much, although it is nice and dry. I have to sort out my car finance, and if online is not playing the game than a long phone call is necessary; not looking forward to that

I don't have a Kindle as my iPad covers that with an app. so unable to say for definite, but I've heard good things about them.
Ah ha so that's why I did not start the daily earlier P.P. We must unknowingly be trying to avoid groundhog day like you I could have posted earlier but didn't
The sun did not show its face here much either odd showers but not too bad at all.
Hope you sort out your finance.

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Same kind of weather here too Angie. I keep thinking it's going to rain but it never quite manages it Karen - to answer your question from yesterday; yes I think my Mum is looking forward to moving. She'd made the decision and is being quite pragmatic and unemotional about it. I on the other hand, will probably be a complete wreck next week when it finally comes to saying goodbye to my childhood home.

Today we had another senior school visit. D won't be moving until he's 13, but we need to get him registered by the end of this calendar year. 2 favourites coming out at the moment so at least the whole process is beginning to clarify itself.
Senior schools for D ............. .........really how time flies.
Glad your Mom is moving on herself much less emotion than having to ask her too or force her in a nice way. She will feel so much better smaller place and closer to you too.
Any luck in the car hunt?

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinef2
On holiday this week so enjoying all the spare time and the leisurely pace, lots of pottering. Hope everyone is having a good evening, Angie the reviews on the HD fire are good but the battery needs to be charged more often than the standard kindle. Really need to wash the car this week, new tyre getting fitted on Friday second one in a fortnight. Some good news last week, spoke to the tutor and I definitely have a place on the HR course Yay!
Congratulations on the course place. and enjoy the leisure. What are you doing to car tyres then? tut tut