Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-08-2024, 01:11 AM   #1

Sunny Wednesday

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Wednesday morning 11:20am here and it's a nice sunny day but not terribly warm yet. I think it will get warmer as the day goes on. (hope so anyway). I've got a guy round here cutting back all the trees and bushes in the front garden, which will hopefully make the house a bit lighter and warmer. I've been attacking the problem of black mould on the ceiling in one room. it's only a tiny patch, but I can't seem to get rid of it and i think it's probably because the house is damp ,due to the leaking conservatory. The mould remover gets rid of it, but it comes back. Anyway, Duncan, the landscaper is out there now, with his chain saw, chopping away.. Isn't it lovely watching someone else work ?.

I'm worried about Snoddy. He is now so wobbly in his back legs ,yet there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him. He's always been a kinky sort of dude and done funny things, so it is perhaps neurological. He keeps jumping up on things and ends up falling heavily, but then gets up and runs like crazy. It's definitely not a potassium deficiency, so maybe it has something to do with his seizures. he also had toxoplasmosis as a kitten which may be contributing to his walking patterns. Apart from that, he's happy and lying on me at night ,purring away. He gets so stressed when going to the vet and I just wonder if it's worth putting him through any more tests, or just leave him while he's happy.

I spent yesterday at Burwood hospital seeing my surgeon yet again. He wants to do my other knee replacement next Friday morning (16th). I have repeatedly told them all that I want to wait until at least 6 months after the first surgery as I'm still not terribly confident walking on the right leg, despite the replacement.No one seems to listen to me. , My surgeon, tells me I'm walking fine on it and he strongly advises me to have the second knee done now. I have to let the hospital know by this Friday if I'm going to opt out of it, otherwise surgery will go ahead the following Friday. I've got myself into a real state about it and really don't know what to do for the best. I'm going to talk to my counsellor about it tomorrow morning. Enough of me moaning.

PAMELA, heck, your holiday isn't far away now. You must be getting so excited. I do hope you have a magical time., as I'm sure you will. Are you looking after Hamish ? It sounds as if the wee toddler is allergic to the dog hair. I hope her reaction settles down quickly. No doubt Mia and Robyn will love having a new playmate for a while, although it will be hard walking 3 dogs. Adam's birthday sounds as if it was lovely for him. Thank goodness you had nice weather and were able to sit outdoors. My goodness, he's 21 now - quite the young man. You must be so proud of him, Pamela. So all your bees have now died off. I wonder why they died? You'd think they would stay around for summer and die off in winter, but then I don't know much about bees. Just be careful when you do remove the nest. There might be an odd bee or two left and you don't want to get stung. Thank goodness Robyn came right quickly. It must have been the heat. I know some animals react badly to the heat - my Willow hated it but she used to lie on her Kool mat and that helped. She also had a Kool collar and that really cooled her down. Hopefully Robyn will be good for the rest of your summer. I'm glad you've decided to leave Skye's teeth until you come back. Obviously they aren't troubling her, so it's wise not to rush in where angels fear to tread. (so the saying goes). I feel the same about Snoddy. Wee Skye will miss you when you're away, but she'll be well looked after, which is the main thing.

SHELLEY, I hope you're having a wonderfully relaxing time at the van and getting some decent weather. Have you got the body boards out or is it still a bit chilly to go into the sea? I hope you're also taking some nice long walks with the pups. They'll be enjoying themselves as well.

Well ladies, I'm off to check on how the tree trimming is going My cats don't like all the noise and are hiding. Janna is still in bed ,as she worked until 2am this morning.

Have a great day, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-08-2024, 05:34 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Wednesday

Good evening dinky,

Its evening here and i am waiting for Steven to come home so we can have dinner. Been busy as always at work. Never changes!!

Lucy ended up not being allergic to Hamish but we ended up with him for 2 nights. She wasnt well last weekend and it was a viral infection and that was the way it presented itself even after a week.

Take time to decide what you want to do with your operation, dont rush as it is a big decision!

Shelley, i hope you are having a great time at the caravan

Just a quick update from me as im going out to get Steven as he is nearly home!